2006 BMW M3 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (17 reviews )
A Blast!
By Alan on 06/13/06 19:07 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

A real thrill to drive. A 10 in the turns. The car never feels out of control. Racecar handling and phenomenal braking at any speed. The best ride in the price range. Competition Package was well worth the 4K.

Feels like an old friend...
By David on 05/28/06 13:03 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Wanted one before production was finally discontinued on the E46 with the straight-6 engine. Everything, from the interior ergnomics to the performance (power & handling) fit me like a well tailored suit. I'm a fairly athletic guy and I swear this car feels like an extension of my own arms, legs and rest of my body. Although higher horsepower, and more comfortable seats, my 02 M5 doesn't even compare. The Competition Package came with a much higher steering ratio that requires a tighter grip on the thicker alcantara wrapped wheel, but remains extremely firm and direct and very high speeds. This car does require some concentration and skill to truly drive well.

Expensive Toy
By m3driver on 05/02/06 12:18 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is the year I decided to finally take the leap and buy an M3. I have longed for one of these for quite some time. I was prompted by the fact that BMW will soon be straying from its time honored tradition of squeezing the most out of its venerable in-line 6 and replacing it, in the M3, with a larger V-8. So far the decision comes with no regrets. This is a beautifully crafted, subtly understated performance car. It eases the embarassment of succumbing to middle age malaise, conventionally known as the mid-life crisis.

My Four-Wheeled Soulmate
By Ed Kramer on 12/24/05 04:49 AM (PST)

2006 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Best car I've ever owned. Have about 1800 miles on it so far. Terrific styling, excellent fit and finish. Silver exterior with black Napa leather, aluminum trim, xenon headlamps. Love the SMG. Harmon Kardon sound system, NAV, all good. Unalloyed joy to drive. Handling is superb. Power to spare. Zero body roll. Well-mannered in town, a thrill to drive on twisty highways, carving through corners like a laser. The car is everything I'd dreamt it would be.

no comparison
By dtm3 on 12/04/05 14:30 PM (PST)

2006 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

After driving everything from an audi S4 to a porsche 911, this car has it all and makes few compromises. From a handling perspective, it is truly sporting asking the most from its driver, not unlike a 911. It is everyday livable with out smacking of too practical like the S4. My only complaint is the lack of satellite radio with NAV. The motor is incedibly willing and feels like it is made for the chassis, instead of the other way around. I am still under 1200 miles so I have only let it rip once or twice, but what a thrill. I have forgotten about my dream to sometime buy a new 911, if you are a sportscar enthusiast with a family, this might do it for you. Worth every penny!

If the next one's better?
By doug t on 12/03/05 16:07 PM (PST)

2006 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I picked up my car yesterday and can't stay out of it.The handling, power delivery, and brakes are completely dialed in without being too harsh. I considered the S4 and like 911's, the M3 should make me forget about those. I don't think I'd need a 400 HP v8 that the next one has, after all, It'll take some time to learn all that this model has to offer. Looking forward to some track days.

E46 M3
By Steve F on 09/24/05 12:46 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I like this car a lot, it has the razor sharp body, and it is just what I wanted in a sports car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.