2006 BMW M3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M3 model:
E46 M3 Coupe - One Gorgeous Machine
By E46M3Fan on 11/28/06 19:02 PM (PST)

2006 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is a car that is so good looking, I walk away from it backwards so I can keep looking at it. I've put 7,000 miles on it, and continue to look forward to the next drive! What a balanced package; taut, yet supple, suspension, quickness, and turns are fun again! The last of BMWs great inline NA 6 cylinder engines has won Ward's International Engine of the Year award in its 3.2 liter class for at least five consecutive years. One drive, and I know why. The SMGII tranny is a blast to operate. It's a 6 speed manual tranny, and you modulate the gas pedal just like you would on a stick shift. I can shift aggressively, for fun and speed; or smoothly, for passengers. It's all about timing.

2005 BMW M3 w/Comp Package
By Kruba on 11/04/06 19:42 PM (PST)

2006 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The handling of this car is unbelievable. The frame is extremely solid. Acceleration is very good. Suspension is excellent. Extremely pleasurable to drive. Interior layout and fit is perfect.

BEST IN SHOW!!
By djc on 11/04/06 10:10 AM (PST)

2006 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

We are enjoying our new BMW M3 tremendously. My husband and I love to drive up to the north Ga. mountains and along country roads with the top down on warm days. I would definitely recomend this car to anyone/everyone looking for a fun, safe, sporty and suprisingly affordable car.

Outstanding Performance and Handling
By Dave on 10/26/06 20:28 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I considered the Cadillac CTS-V, BMW 335i, Audi S4, and Infiniti G35 before deciding on the 2006 M3. This was the most expensive of the lot, but the overall quality and driving experience gave it the edge. The back seats are large enough for adult passengers, the instrument cluster is user friendly, (no iDrive) and there is enough storage space to make it a functional car for daily driving. The suspension and handling are better than any car I have ever driven, including my dearly loved '99 corvette. The manual transmission is excellent. I highly recomend this car.

Good showing from the last true M-car
By LT on 10/04/06 19:17 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

My E46 really is an awesome vehicle. In this car you can enter a turn using all engine-braking, turn the wheel and the car will seem to make a perfect pivot, as if it had been planted on that point. If you go in too fast, an instant of understeer will slow the car to the right speed and then the lightning quick turn will begin. It really is tough to drive it poorly (in good driving conditions of course). The engine sings. I saw a review that said the exhaust note is inadequate, I found the engine to have a beautiful sound, it actually sounds similar to a racecar, very nice.

Like Napoleon sez
By AugustaM3 on 10/04/06 17:09 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

If you have not had the chance to drive this car, then like Napoleon D. says, "You don't even know!!" I have owned Porsches and recently driven a Z06; this car is way more fun. It is easily the best sports car under 75Gs. Unfortunately the last M3 with a straight 6 has already been made, and only a few are still available. (By the way - get the stick!)

A Blast!
By Alan on 06/13/06 19:07 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

A real thrill to drive. A 10 in the turns. The car never feels out of control. Racecar handling and phenomenal braking at any speed. The best ride in the price range. Competition Package was well worth the 4K.

Feels like an old friend...
By David on 05/28/06 13:03 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Wanted one before production was finally discontinued on the E46 with the straight-6 engine. Everything, from the interior ergnomics to the performance (power & handling) fit me like a well tailored suit. I'm a fairly athletic guy and I swear this car feels like an extension of my own arms, legs and rest of my body. Although higher horsepower, and more comfortable seats, my 02 M5 doesn't even compare. The Competition Package came with a much higher steering ratio that requires a tighter grip on the thicker alcantara wrapped wheel, but remains extremely firm and direct and very high speeds. This car does require some concentration and skill to truly drive well.

Expensive Toy
By m3driver on 05/02/06 12:18 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is the year I decided to finally take the leap and buy an M3. I have longed for one of these for quite some time. I was prompted by the fact that BMW will soon be straying from its time honored tradition of squeezing the most out of its venerable in-line 6 and replacing it, in the M3, with a larger V-8. So far the decision comes with no regrets. This is a beautifully crafted, subtly understated performance car. It eases the embarassment of succumbing to middle age malaise, conventionally known as the mid-life crisis.

An amazing vehicle
By George Koloroutis on 02/11/06 13:55 PM (PST)

2006 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted a convertible sports car for some time and finally stepped out and bought the M3. Titanium Silver with a Black Top. It is a great machine that is tight, well built and fast. It turns head everywhere I go. I am just about to complete break in period so I can begin to respond to the frequent challenges I get on the road. You can't rev over 5500rpm or exceed 105mph on break-in.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.