Used 2006 BMW M3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific M3 model:

///M Sweet
By Peter Saridakis

2006 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The E46 by all means is the best ///M platform BMW has put out. My ///M3 has been nothing but fun and reliable. It is great for buzzing around town or for 300 mile family trips! The worst part about owning this car is that you don't have enough days in the weekend to keep driving it! So far nothing but the required service has been needed. All maintenance is taken care of with no out of pocket expense for the next couple of years. I truly love the engine growl compared to my Porsche and the smooth clutch and shifting gate. The interior ergonomics are classic BMW where they make life easier for the driver.

Engine! 19" forged wheels, dashboard, multi-function steering wheel.

None!

The last of a legacy!
By MdreiGuy

2006 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car in Germany, and it was one of the last off the assembly line before they started making way for the new 2008. All I have to say is, if you missed out on getting one of these when they were for sale, you'll probably never have a chance to drive such a beautiful car off a dealer's lot. I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Custom BMW interior (two tone), paddle shifting and launch control.

This car, like many autos, suffers a bit with bluetooth compatibility. For a fairly expensive option, there aren't many phones that will work out of the box.

Fun car for good weather
By traktorist

2006 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've had the car for about 9 months now. The driving experience has been great fun. The only problem I've had has been the recent snowfall (I do know that the car is not meant for driving in snow). The other problem was that I acquired the car through BMW's European Delivery. The so-called "re-delivery" was hopelessly late. And BMW will not compensate you when your car arrives late. Neither will the dealership. Beware of the European delivery!

Brakes, acceleration, gearbox.

Windows tend to get foggy very easily. This has not happened with some other BMWs I owned.

To Hot Not To Love
By ILove MyM3

2006 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

One word describes my car: AMAZING! I have never had a car that held 4 people, looked so good and could drive so fast. It is American specs and I have driven on the Autoban at 160 MPH! 130 with the top down! I looked at other cars but they did not compare to this one.

The power! the look and all the toys I bought on it.

None.

06 M3 Convertible
By Randy

2006 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned many convertible cars in my life (Porsche, Ferrari, Aston) and none are as rewarding as the M3. The engine is a true masterpiece. The SMG is brillant. I almost went with a manual due to a bit of negative press about the SMG but I am glad I got the SMG. It is absolutely outstanding. Auto boxes with shift modes are not even close. The car handles very well for a open top car. I purchased the hardtop and it looks fantastic (even better than the coupe) and adds a bit more rigidity. I highly recommend this car and I believe the 6 cyclinder will become a classic. This is a real crowd pleaser as well and will certainly get you noticed

Engine, Engine, Engine, SMG, LOOKS and handling. Surprisingly good gas mileage. Engine note.

As with any convertible if they could increase body rigidity that would be a plus.