2006 BMW M3 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (17 reviews )
Best bang for buck under 100k
By Ben Prusinski on 11/24/09 22:30 PM (PST)

2006 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have always wanted an M3 since I was a kid. After owning a normal 3-series it was time for fun. I first drove the new 2008-2010 M3 with V8 and while it looks nice and very luxurious it was too soft for a performance car. I then drove the E46 M3 and was blown away by the incredible performance! It's fast as Porsche at half the cost and twice the ability to use as a normal daily driver and more useful. So I bought a perfect 2006 BMW M3 with competition package. The stopping power of the M3 brakes are incredible and blow away most other cars. I am not a fan of the newer iDrive and fortunately this car does not have it.

So good I can't sell it
By M3CS2006 on 08/15/08 07:59 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

2006 Carbon Black Fully Loaded M3 CS I am one of those guys who buys a car, and within 6 months starts thinking about his next car. The M3 CS has ruined me. The competition package is the best 4500 bucks one could spend...taking performance cues from the CSL (but I still get a sunroof and other goodies). I just test drove the new m3 (v8) and will not trade, like this one better. NO other car sub 100K can match the ability to drive safely like a maniac, in a car that has such great fit and finish... and a trunk that is huge (and get a car that gets good enough gas mileage). Hope this helps. This car cannot disappoint.

Near perfect
By Gordon on 07/29/07 20:56 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

A blast to drive! V. fast, great handling (flat, responsive, predictable, good feel, slight understeer at turn-in which is appropriate for even a very fast street car), great braking, absolute performance and feel, instant throttle response, car communicates what it is doing, extremely accurate steering. A perfect balance of characteristics. One warning, watch out for concrete parking curb stops - they will scratch the bottom of the front apron.

///M Sweet
By Peter Saridakis on 06/11/07 13:57 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The E46 by all means is the best ///M platform BMW has put out. My ///M3 has been nothing but fun and reliable. It is great for buzzing around town or for 300 mile family trips! The worst part about owning this car is that you don't have enough days in the weekend to keep driving it! So far nothing but the required service has been needed. All maintenance is taken care of with no out of pocket expense for the next couple of years. I truly love the engine growl compared to my Porsche and the smooth clutch and shifting gate. The interior ergonomics are classic BMW where they make life easier for the driver.

The last of a legacy!
By MdreiGuy on 06/03/07 07:38 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car in Germany, and it was one of the last off the assembly line before they started making way for the new 2008. All I have to say is, if you missed out on getting one of these when they were for sale, you'll probably never have a chance to drive such a beautiful car off a dealer's lot. I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Fun car for good weather
By traktorist on 03/27/07 07:51 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've had the car for about 9 months now. The driving experience has been great fun. The only problem I've had has been the recent snowfall (I do know that the car is not meant for driving in snow). The other problem was that I acquired the car through BMW's European Delivery. The so-called "re-delivery" was hopelessly late. And BMW will not compensate you when your car arrives late. Neither will the dealership. Beware of the European delivery!

E46 M3 Coupe - One Gorgeous Machine
By E46M3Fan on 11/28/06 19:02 PM (PST)

2006 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is a car that is so good looking, I walk away from it backwards so I can keep looking at it. I've put 7,000 miles on it, and continue to look forward to the next drive! What a balanced package; taut, yet supple, suspension, quickness, and turns are fun again! The last of BMWs great inline NA 6 cylinder engines has won Ward's International Engine of the Year award in its 3.2 liter class for at least five consecutive years. One drive, and I know why. The SMGII tranny is a blast to operate. It's a 6 speed manual tranny, and you modulate the gas pedal just like you would on a stick shift. I can shift aggressively, for fun and speed; or smoothly, for passengers. It's all about timing.

2005 BMW M3 w/Comp Package
By Kruba on 11/04/06 19:42 PM (PST)

2006 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The handling of this car is unbelievable. The frame is extremely solid. Acceleration is very good. Suspension is excellent. Extremely pleasurable to drive. Interior layout and fit is perfect.

Good showing from the last true M-car
By LT on 10/04/06 19:17 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

My E46 really is an awesome vehicle. In this car you can enter a turn using all engine-braking, turn the wheel and the car will seem to make a perfect pivot, as if it had been planted on that point. If you go in too fast, an instant of understeer will slow the car to the right speed and then the lightning quick turn will begin. It really is tough to drive it poorly (in good driving conditions of course). The engine sings. I saw a review that said the exhaust note is inadequate, I found the engine to have a beautiful sound, it actually sounds similar to a racecar, very nice.

Like Napoleon sez
By AugustaM3 on 10/04/06 17:09 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

If you have not had the chance to drive this car, then like Napoleon D. says, "You don't even know!!" I have owned Porsches and recently driven a Z06; this car is way more fun. It is easily the best sports car under 75Gs. Unfortunately the last M3 with a straight 6 has already been made, and only a few are still available. (By the way - get the stick!)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.