2006 BMW M3 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (8 reviews )
What I thought it was....Awesome
By Q on 11/25/09 16:38 PM (PST)

2006 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have been looking for a M for 4 years and it was worth the wait. A pure sweet car to drive, every aspect of the car is a joy, totally a head turner with the M3 badging. I am completely satisfied with this car, glad I bought it, true sport inspired. I have had several sports cars and coupes, this one by far is the most fun and pure fun to drive.

When only the best will do!
By Mike Jones on 12/20/08 03:35 AM (PST)

2006 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is totally amazing. Drop the top and your in heaven! Everything you want in a sports car with a back seat and trunk is here! 19147 miles of happiness (no problems just regular maintenance).

To Hot Not To Love
By ILove MyM3 on 01/03/07 05:50 AM (PST)

2006 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

One word describes my car: AMAZING! I have never had a car that held 4 people, looked so good and could drive so fast. It is American specs and I have driven on the Autoban at 160 MPH! 130 with the top down! I looked at other cars but they did not compare to this one.

06 M3 Convertible
By Randy on 12/13/06 03:07 AM (PST)

2006 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned many convertible cars in my life (Porsche, Ferrari, Aston) and none are as rewarding as the M3. The engine is a true masterpiece. The SMG is brillant. I almost went with a manual due to a bit of negative press about the SMG but I am glad I got the SMG. It is absolutely outstanding. Auto boxes with shift modes are not even close. The car handles very well for a open top car. I purchased the hardtop and it looks fantastic (even better than the coupe) and adds a bit more rigidity. I highly recommend this car and I believe the 6 cyclinder will become a classic. This is a real crowd pleaser as well and will certainly get you noticed

BEST IN SHOW!!
By djc on 11/04/06 10:10 AM (PST)

2006 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

We are enjoying our new BMW M3 tremendously. My husband and I love to drive up to the north Ga. mountains and along country roads with the top down on warm days. I would definitely recomend this car to anyone/everyone looking for a fun, safe, sporty and suprisingly affordable car.

Outstanding Performance and Handling
By Dave on 10/26/06 20:28 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I considered the Cadillac CTS-V, BMW 335i, Audi S4, and Infiniti G35 before deciding on the 2006 M3. This was the most expensive of the lot, but the overall quality and driving experience gave it the edge. The back seats are large enough for adult passengers, the instrument cluster is user friendly, (no iDrive) and there is enough storage space to make it a functional car for daily driving. The suspension and handling are better than any car I have ever driven, including my dearly loved '99 corvette. The manual transmission is excellent. I highly recomend this car.

An amazing vehicle
By George Koloroutis on 02/11/06 13:55 PM (PST)

2006 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted a convertible sports car for some time and finally stepped out and bought the M3. Titanium Silver with a Black Top. It is a great machine that is tight, well built and fast. It turns head everywhere I go. I am just about to complete break in period so I can begin to respond to the frequent challenges I get on the road. You can't rev over 5500rpm or exceed 105mph on break-in.

More fun with each day
By RAL on 01/19/06 11:16 AM (PST)

2006 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I had owned a 328 and found that a great car. The M3 is that and more - power, taut handling, precision and comfort. The SMG has turned out to be a great choice. It allows the control (and fun) of a manual and the ability to sit back and let the car do the shifting when in traffic.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.