Used 2006 BMW M3 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Bmw M3 - Consumer Reviews

2006 BMW M3 Convertible

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (8 reviews )

What I thought it was....Awesome
By Q

2006 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have been looking for a M for 4 years and it was worth the wait. A pure sweet car to drive, every aspect of the car is a joy, totally a head turner with the M3 badging. I am completely satisfied with this car, glad I bought it, true sport inspired. I have had several sports cars and coupes, this one by far is the most fun and pure fun to drive.

Favorite Features

The ENGINE, body styling, seats.

Suggested Improvements

Stereo could use a little more beef, speakers sound a tin pan like.

When only the best will do!
By Mike Jones

2006 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is totally amazing. Drop the top and your in heaven! Everything you want in a sports car with a back seat and trunk is here! 19147 miles of happiness (no problems just regular maintenance).

Favorite Features

Drop top, red and black interior, everything!

Suggested Improvements

More speed and power is always better. Still trying to figure out why my driver side window is slightly loose.

To Hot Not To Love
By ILove MyM3

2006 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

One word describes my car: AMAZING! I have never had a car that held 4 people, looked so good and could drive so fast. It is American specs and I have driven on the Autoban at 160 MPH! 130 with the top down! I looked at other cars but they did not compare to this one.

Favorite Features

The power! the look and all the toys I bought on it.

Suggested Improvements

None.

06 M3 Convertible
By Randy

2006 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned many convertible cars in my life (Porsche, Ferrari, Aston) and none are as rewarding as the M3. The engine is a true masterpiece. The SMG is brillant. I almost went with a manual due to a bit of negative press about the SMG but I am glad I got the SMG. It is absolutely outstanding. Auto boxes with shift modes are not even close. The car handles very well for a open top car. I purchased the hardtop and it looks fantastic (even better than the coupe) and adds a bit more rigidity. I highly recommend this car and I believe the 6 cyclinder will become a classic. This is a real crowd pleaser as well and will certainly get you noticed

Favorite Features

Engine, Engine, Engine, SMG, LOOKS and handling. Surprisingly good gas mileage. Engine note.

Suggested Improvements

As with any convertible if they could increase body rigidity that would be a plus.

BEST IN SHOW!!
By djc

2006 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

We are enjoying our new BMW M3 tremendously. My husband and I love to drive up to the north Ga. mountains and along country roads with the top down on warm days. I would definitely recomend this car to anyone/everyone looking for a fun, safe, sporty and suprisingly affordable car.

Favorite Features

Insulated convertable top, GPS, radio sound, interior design and leather seats, large tires for better traction on curves, headlights that follow the curves of the road and easy handling.

Suggested Improvements

Heat and Cool controls in back, cup holders in back, little more leg room for passengers in back while keeping same coupe look. Disagree with placement of front cup holders (the one that is obstructed by console compartment). Don't recomend for the technologicly challanged w/o personal instructions.