Used 2006 BMW M3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Bmw M3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M3 model:

What I thought it was....Awesome
By Q

2006 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have been looking for a M for 4 years and it was worth the wait. A pure sweet car to drive, every aspect of the car is a joy, totally a head turner with the M3 badging. I am completely satisfied with this car, glad I bought it, true sport inspired. I have had several sports cars and coupes, this one by far is the most fun and pure fun to drive.

Favorite Features

The ENGINE, body styling, seats.

Suggested Improvements

Stereo could use a little more beef, speakers sound a tin pan like.

Best bang for buck under 100k
By Ben Prusinski

2006 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have always wanted an M3 since I was a kid. After owning a normal 3-series it was time for fun. I first drove the new 2008-2010 M3 with V8 and while it looks nice and very luxurious it was too soft for a performance car. I then drove the E46 M3 and was blown away by the incredible performance! It's fast as Porsche at half the cost and twice the ability to use as a normal daily driver and more useful. So I bought a perfect 2006 BMW M3 with competition package. The stopping power of the M3 brakes are incredible and blow away most other cars. I am not a fan of the newer iDrive and fortunately this car does not have it.

Favorite Features

SMG, engine note, ///M sport seats (red leather!), Competition package brakes and performance!

Suggested Improvements

Navigation is outdated compared to iDrive system but easier to use than iDrive. Maintenance is expensive and brakes costly to replace.

When only the best will do!
By Mike Jones

2006 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is totally amazing. Drop the top and your in heaven! Everything you want in a sports car with a back seat and trunk is here! 19147 miles of happiness (no problems just regular maintenance).

Favorite Features

Drop top, red and black interior, everything!

Suggested Improvements

More speed and power is always better. Still trying to figure out why my driver side window is slightly loose.

So good I can't sell it
By M3CS2006

2006 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

2006 Carbon Black Fully Loaded M3 CS I am one of those guys who buys a car, and within 6 months starts thinking about his next car. The M3 CS has ruined me. The competition package is the best 4500 bucks one could spend...taking performance cues from the CSL (but I still get a sunroof and other goodies). I just test drove the new m3 (v8) and will not trade, like this one better. NO other car sub 100K can match the ability to drive safely like a maniac, in a car that has such great fit and finish... and a trunk that is huge (and get a car that gets good enough gas mileage). Hope this helps. This car cannot disappoint.

Favorite Features

Handling, responsible engine, brakes in CS version are awesome, fully loaded German mobile that is a sports car

Suggested Improvements

Notchy manual.

Near perfect
By Gordon

2006 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

A blast to drive! V. fast, great handling (flat, responsive, predictable, good feel, slight understeer at turn-in which is appropriate for even a very fast street car), great braking, absolute performance and feel, instant throttle response, car communicates what it is doing, extremely accurate steering. A perfect balance of characteristics. One warning, watch out for concrete parking curb stops - they will scratch the bottom of the front apron.

Favorite Features

Handling, speed, acceleration, steering feel and precision, responsive and communicative handling, comfort and reliability; clutch is very grippy, almost a competition clutch feel; stunning brake performance and controllability; interior is beautiful and comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

For practical purposes, none. Yeah, the gas mileage is not great but who cares?