2006 BMW M3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M3 model:
What I thought it was....Awesome
By Q on 11/25/09 16:38 PM (PST)

2006 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have been looking for a M for 4 years and it was worth the wait. A pure sweet car to drive, every aspect of the car is a joy, totally a head turner with the M3 badging. I am completely satisfied with this car, glad I bought it, true sport inspired. I have had several sports cars and coupes, this one by far is the most fun and pure fun to drive.

Best bang for buck under 100k
By Ben Prusinski on 11/24/09 22:30 PM (PST)

2006 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have always wanted an M3 since I was a kid. After owning a normal 3-series it was time for fun. I first drove the new 2008-2010 M3 with V8 and while it looks nice and very luxurious it was too soft for a performance car. I then drove the E46 M3 and was blown away by the incredible performance! It's fast as Porsche at half the cost and twice the ability to use as a normal daily driver and more useful. So I bought a perfect 2006 BMW M3 with competition package. The stopping power of the M3 brakes are incredible and blow away most other cars. I am not a fan of the newer iDrive and fortunately this car does not have it.

When only the best will do!
By Mike Jones on 12/20/08 03:35 AM (PST)

2006 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is totally amazing. Drop the top and your in heaven! Everything you want in a sports car with a back seat and trunk is here! 19147 miles of happiness (no problems just regular maintenance).

So good I can't sell it
By M3CS2006 on 08/15/08 07:59 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

2006 Carbon Black Fully Loaded M3 CS I am one of those guys who buys a car, and within 6 months starts thinking about his next car. The M3 CS has ruined me. The competition package is the best 4500 bucks one could spend...taking performance cues from the CSL (but I still get a sunroof and other goodies). I just test drove the new m3 (v8) and will not trade, like this one better. NO other car sub 100K can match the ability to drive safely like a maniac, in a car that has such great fit and finish... and a trunk that is huge (and get a car that gets good enough gas mileage). Hope this helps. This car cannot disappoint.

Near perfect
By Gordon on 07/29/07 20:56 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

A blast to drive! V. fast, great handling (flat, responsive, predictable, good feel, slight understeer at turn-in which is appropriate for even a very fast street car), great braking, absolute performance and feel, instant throttle response, car communicates what it is doing, extremely accurate steering. A perfect balance of characteristics. One warning, watch out for concrete parking curb stops - they will scratch the bottom of the front apron.

///M Sweet
By Peter Saridakis on 06/11/07 13:57 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The E46 by all means is the best ///M platform BMW has put out. My ///M3 has been nothing but fun and reliable. It is great for buzzing around town or for 300 mile family trips! The worst part about owning this car is that you don't have enough days in the weekend to keep driving it! So far nothing but the required service has been needed. All maintenance is taken care of with no out of pocket expense for the next couple of years. I truly love the engine growl compared to my Porsche and the smooth clutch and shifting gate. The interior ergonomics are classic BMW where they make life easier for the driver.

The last of a legacy!
By MdreiGuy on 06/03/07 07:38 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car in Germany, and it was one of the last off the assembly line before they started making way for the new 2008. All I have to say is, if you missed out on getting one of these when they were for sale, you'll probably never have a chance to drive such a beautiful car off a dealer's lot. I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Fun car for good weather
By traktorist on 03/27/07 07:51 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've had the car for about 9 months now. The driving experience has been great fun. The only problem I've had has been the recent snowfall (I do know that the car is not meant for driving in snow). The other problem was that I acquired the car through BMW's European Delivery. The so-called "re-delivery" was hopelessly late. And BMW will not compensate you when your car arrives late. Neither will the dealership. Beware of the European delivery!

To Hot Not To Love
By ILove MyM3 on 01/03/07 05:50 AM (PST)

2006 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

One word describes my car: AMAZING! I have never had a car that held 4 people, looked so good and could drive so fast. It is American specs and I have driven on the Autoban at 160 MPH! 130 with the top down! I looked at other cars but they did not compare to this one.

06 M3 Convertible
By Randy on 12/13/06 03:07 AM (PST)

2006 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned many convertible cars in my life (Porsche, Ferrari, Aston) and none are as rewarding as the M3. The engine is a true masterpiece. The SMG is brillant. I almost went with a manual due to a bit of negative press about the SMG but I am glad I got the SMG. It is absolutely outstanding. Auto boxes with shift modes are not even close. The car handles very well for a open top car. I purchased the hardtop and it looks fantastic (even better than the coupe) and adds a bit more rigidity. I highly recommend this car and I believe the 6 cyclinder will become a classic. This is a real crowd pleaser as well and will certainly get you noticed

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.