Used 2005 BMW M3 Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Bmw M3 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (32 reviews )

Great performing coupe
By mminor

2005 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The past year with my M3 has been a fantastic experience. I special ordered my car to have the options I wanted, and I highly recommend the process - it only takes 6-8 weeks. Fantastic overall performance, comfortable, and relatively economical, the M3 is the ultimate driving machine (for me anyway!). Reliability has been great, almost 10,000 miles so far and zero problems. The build quality and quality of components is first rate. Included maintenance for the first 4 years/50k is a real $$ saver.

Favorite Features

Overall driving performance - acceleration, braking, handling are outstanding - impressive in that it is comfortable and offers a relatively roomy rear seat and trunk, with fold down feature to fit large items - very handy!!

Suggested Improvements

The drivers side seat bolster is experiencing rapid wear. A reinforcement to that area, possibly a same color leather panel that is easily replaced (velcro attached?), is needed. The exhaust has a "raspy" sound at high rpm's, aftermarket pipes eliminate it, BMW should fix it.

Very fast Love Corners!!!
By Rev king

2005 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I got my M3 with competition pack. and I am in love. Build quality is good but not overly amazing. If you get an M3 do yourself a favor and get six-speed, my friends SMG is sluggish and real drivers know it just can never compare to the manual Trans. Real fast takes most other cars with ease, not close to an AMG but without the $100K price tag the M3 can put anything else on all 4's

Favorite Features

The engine, performance, drifting in light rain is extremely fun

Suggested Improvements

Less weight, better intake system and exahust would make this thing God of Sports Coupes

is the m3 worth buying?
By adam

2005 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

It has been the best car I have ever had, not only does it perform like a super car, it has 4 seats. The reason why it astonishes me is that other rivals who have built a car in the past two years haven't come close to matching the performance and the frill of it. Just remember this is over 5 years old. And its soon to be replaced by a new model in 2007, I cant wait!

Favorite Features

The performance is incredible.

Suggested Improvements

bigger engine!

M3 Coupe Competion Package
By Competition

2005 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is it! With the AC Schnitzer Sports Exhaust, Chrome Wheels and Aluminum floor mats, well it is the BOMB! How fast can you go!

Favorite Features

Just put in the 80GB Phat Noise MP3 Player....

Suggested Improvements

Some type of Seat belt holder like the M3 Conv.

Another Winner
By Mike

2005 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 7th BMW, and by far the best overall. The M3 has it all -- looks, handling, acceleration, and a connection with the driver that no other car in its price range can match. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants it all.