Used 2005 BMW M3 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 BMW M3 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (22 reviews )
Jet Black/Imola Red Convertable
By Bannerzap on 05/17/05 19:15 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Awesome! We just picked it up last week and it is better than expected. Traded an 04' Z4 3.0 and the new M3 just smokes it! Great car, performance overload, and BMW quality and service.

Problems with the M3
By Mspeedy on 04/16/05 10:43 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This woulh have been a great car if it was not with the SMG transmission. SMG lot of lag and does not change gear in time.

The Ultimate Practical Car
By SHS on 04/12/05 21:07 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Moved from the 323 to the 330 to the M3. There is no better all around car that can get you through all seasons with style and performance, lets you drop the top and also carry two kids with you in the back seat. Resale value is excellent, and BMW service is unbeatable.

My dream car...
By Tommy Newsom on 03/03/05 18:57 PM (PST)

2005 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I waited over 20 years to purchase a true sports car and had my sights on a Corvette convertible. However, before buying the Corvette I searched all my options and fell in love with the BMW M3 Convertible. I had to have it and I got it!This car is incredible and I am so happy I purchased it!

Steve's Review
By swaxmd on 02/13/05 10:38 AM (PST)

2005 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Third M3 convertible I have owned. This is the best of the bunch. No problems at all in the first 6 months. Less rattles and electronic glitches than my 2002 M3. SMG works well once you get used to it. I highly recommend this car.

Love the car but it's not perfect
By JeffNNJ on 02/05/05 11:40 AM (PST)

2005 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I love the car but I have had some problems. It is a great performing, great looking car with lots of power and superb handling. The stock tires are not too great so I switched to Bridgestone SO3 and the difference is incredible.

Great car
By APH on 01/27/05 15:58 PM (PST)

2005 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Moved to this car from a Porsche 911. This is as fun to drive, equals or betters the Porsche in performance and is far more practical. I love the car. This is my 6th BMW and every one has been a high quality car with almost no problems.

The Perfect Car
By blueflame on 01/24/05 23:29 PM (PST)

2005 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The best all around car for the money in the world. Handles like a go-kart, but reasonably comfortable ride. Even Subies and Vettes back down. People open their windows and strike up conversations at traffic lights. Children wave, old people smile, young women want you, young men want to be you.

m3 is best car ever!
By Kevin on 12/18/04 11:50 AM (PST)

2005 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

A BMW M3 IS THE BEST AND FASTEST CAR UNDER 120g EVER! The next car better then an m3 is the 125g porsche carrera 4S.

Don't Buy M3 Conv.-Noisy top, unreliable
By Randall on 12/03/04 14:28 PM (PST)

2005 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Unreliable car, sometimes does not start. Dealer needed 5 visits to figure out it was a faulty key, but I still have my doubts. Fuel economy is horrible, 16 mpg in the city only! Car engine stalls when parking and turning wheel to park. The convertible top is very noisy when top is up and windows are up, visited dealer three times until they did something about, it and still its not quiet. If only BMW could provide the quality that the japanese put in their cars, things would be great!