2005 BMW M3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M3 model:
Unbelievable
By Mladenovic on 07/04/06 07:57 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I got an M3 a little over a year ago & loved every minute of it. Recently, I traded it for one of the new E60 M5s. I thought I made a great deal. but I immediately knew I made a horrendous mistake after driving off the lot. The M5 is quick, but is nowhere near as fun or involving as the M3. It felt like what it is: a big, oafy family sedan with a powerful engine. I never thought I would be so disappointed. After 2 days of owning it, I returned it back to the dealership, took a hit & got my M3 back. Now I could not be happier. I'm just more comfortable with these smaller, quicker coupes. Only a new 911 Turbo could replace it (in my opinion).

Still the Best
By R T Cooper on 03/16/06 06:41 AM (PST)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Due to a lengthy involvement in "gentleman's " racing of sports cars, I am often enlisted by friends and acquaintances to find or evaluate the proper car for them, or for a family member. BMW has remained on the primary list of possibilities for some forty, consecutive years. My personal favorite (amongst worthy competition) for an enthusiast's road car is the BMW M3. Since its inception, following on the heels of the mighty CSL race champion, BMW has not put a foot wrong in the development of this package. Even in its current larger and heavier form it is race-course precise, extrordinarily well balanced, built to a quality level well beyond its price. A bargain, actually

Superb Drive
By phil on 01/27/06 21:32 PM (PST)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car could sell on looks alone, but fortunately it goes like stink, has awesome stopping power, and handles far better than you can drive. You should be sure to drive an SMG before you buy it; I hate them and the Gertrag double clutch system is WAY better. Go with the 6 speed and save $$ and complexity. The ride is harsh on uneven pavement, be sure you want to pay that price for the performance you cannot legally use. The BMW "free service" is insufficient for a performance car, review the previous recommendations (before the free service plan was initiated) and follow that if you plan to keep the car very long. the power is above 4K revs, this car is NOT torquey the way a big V8 is.

Great performing coupe
By mminor on 01/11/06 20:58 PM (PST)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The past year with my M3 has been a fantastic experience. I special ordered my car to have the options I wanted, and I highly recommend the process - it only takes 6-8 weeks. Fantastic overall performance, comfortable, and relatively economical, the M3 is the ultimate driving machine (for me anyway!). Reliability has been great, almost 10,000 miles so far and zero problems. The build quality and quality of components is first rate. Included maintenance for the first 4 years/50k is a real $$ saver.

Very fast Love Corners!!!
By Rev king on 12/05/05 02:10 AM (PST)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I got my M3 with competition pack. and I am in love. Build quality is good but not overly amazing. If you get an M3 do yourself a favor and get six-speed, my friends SMG is sluggish and real drivers know it just can never compare to the manual Trans. Real fast takes most other cars with ease, not close to an AMG but without the $100K price tag the M3 can put anything else on all 4's

is the m3 worth buying?
By adam on 11/02/05 07:14 AM (PST)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

It has been the best car I have ever had, not only does it perform like a super car, it has 4 seats. The reason why it astonishes me is that other rivals who have built a car in the past two years haven't come close to matching the performance and the frill of it. Just remember this is over 5 years old. And its soon to be replaced by a new model in 2007, I cant wait!

M3 Coupe Competion Package
By Competition on 09/25/05 09:31 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is it! With the AC Schnitzer Sports Exhaust, Chrome Wheels and Aluminum floor mats, well it is the BOMB! How fast can you go!

'05 M3 Convertible
By Brian on 07/29/05 15:38 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second BMW convertible and it has amazed me since the day I got into it. With the performance of a racer and the comfort of a luxry car, it's about as close to a perfect as you can get. Nothing this fun should be legal.

Great all around package
By Chris C on 07/22/05 11:49 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Can't beat the M3 cab for sports car performance with comfort, particularly this world class level of performance for the $. The exhaust note is unique, but so is BMW's straight 6! Quality is great (have you seen Mercedes and Japanese interiors lately?) and service is mostly very good. Highly recommend this car, at least with the 6 speed manual.

Unbelievable
By Aaron on 07/19/05 11:13 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Can't say enough about the car... truly remarkable handling, performance in general and fun factor that's off the charts.