Used 2005 BMW M3 Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Bmw M3 - Consumer Reviews

2005 BMW M3 Coupe

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (32 reviews )

///Mazing
By m3

2005 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

much better than i was expecting and i was expecting a lot... best handling i have ever felt. great acceleration and looks. you won't understand until you drive it. sick nasty...

Favorite Features

comp package

Suggested Improvements

zero

Perfect Coupe
By Nocaster

2005 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this 2005 M3 because I was looking for something that performed very well but had some interior room and was more flexible than a two seater. This M3 is a 6 speed manual and is otherwise stock with the Alcantara interior. I really love the Alcantara interior, it looks great and really holds you in place during hard cornering. So far the M3 has been everything I expected it to be and more. It's a very balanced package in terms of acceleration, handling, braking etc..When you factor in the fact that with a descent set of winter tires it's a car you can drive all year round it almost sounds like great value. Build quality is superb and I have not had any issues at all.

Favorite Features

Drive train feels very well balanced, looks, handling, braking. I love the whole car.

Suggested Improvements

perhaps a bit more bottom end torque when starting off from a stop

One Word: Amazing!
By Tim Fleener

2005 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Can't say enough good things about my M3. I love it! I have test driven many of these over the years, and I finally took the plunge and bought one earlier this year. It is everything I have always wanted in a car. Excellent good looks, enough room to have my wife and two kids in the car (plus a decent amount of luggage in the trunk), and power and handling that are absolutely breathtaking. Even with the amazing raw power that the engine is capable of, it still gets very good mileage if you aren't "on it" all the time. When not driving aggressively, I have averaged 27.1 mpg for a whole tank of gas. The ride is very stiff, so if you are looking for a cushy car, this is not the ride for you.

Favorite Features

7900 rpm redline. I keep thinking "I should shift now...", but then I realize I'm only at 6K rpm and I have almost 2K more to go. :) I also love the rawness of the power in this car.

Suggested Improvements

A little smoother ride under normal driving conditions that only stiffens up when you're driving aggressively. I can't think of anything else that I would change.

Best Overall Sports Coupe!
By TRB

2005 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Great looks with the performance to back it up. Everything you want in a sports coupe (performance, design, practicality, and overall appearance. Uncertain about SMG, but am quickly falling in love. The handeling is second to none, and the engine is always willing to give the driver more! All of this with ample space in the rear seats, and storage in the trunk.

Favorite Features

Performance, looks, SMG, nappa leather seats,

Suggested Improvements

Can do a little more with the interior for this kind of money. Exhaust with deeper sound.

Just a Great Car by BreHouse
By Stojilkovic

2005 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I got the competition package and it is great. Even though it is an old model it gives it a new look. The car has incredible performance. 12K miles and no problems on the horrible roads of NYC. I would not trade this car for anything. Even gas consumption I get is great for 333 hp.

Favorite Features

Performance and handling are awesome.

Suggested Improvements

Update the exterior.