2005 BMW M3 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (22 reviews )
M3 convertible...it's true what they say
By starrdog on 01/08/12 23:14 PM (PST)

2005 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

i bought my m3 convertible about a month ago. i took me a bit to get use to it, get familiar with it and its all i expected it to be and more. you get alot of attention with it. when you drive it you know your driving a sophisticated, high level performance machine. from the steering to the clutch, to the shifter,to the seats, everything is just a great driving experience. i really cant think of any flaws. oh wait, the second cup holder is useless because the arm rest covers it. thats about it. yes you pay a premium for it even used but when you own it, you will know why. it has great resale value if there is such a thing with cars. fuel mileage is not great. outside of that its a pleasure.

Germans got this one right!
By M3 Lover 4 Life on 12/28/09 16:24 PM (PST)

2005 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third BMW and 2nd M3. I got it with the lumbar back support (life saver for tall guys like me) With factory bluetooth option. This car will never be sold. If you want a little more kick try installing a K&N cold air induction it will kick up another 20 ft lbs of torque. I also upgraded to the Iridium plugs, great addition. I looked at the 2009 convertible and with the top down you cannot use the trunk, so this baby is mine for years to come No better car in the world for the $ !!!

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By Ted on 05/06/08 21:04 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I came from a BMW 330Ci to the M3. The difference was astounding! The quality and build of the vehicle will not disappoint you at all. I have driven many high performance vehicles, and this appears to be the best daily drive and all around vehicle I drove. The horsepower and torque is perfect, and the sound of the inline 6 brings you to a euphoric state. The SMG takes time to get used to but is truly perfect for daily driving. I chose the convertible because I live in southern California where the weather is amazing, and because I do not track my vehicle. And not only that but you can hear the award winning engine much more. Truly, this M3 is the ultimate driving machine.

'05 M3 Convertible
By Brian on 07/29/05 15:38 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second BMW convertible and it has amazed me since the day I got into it. With the performance of a racer and the comfort of a luxry car, it's about as close to a perfect as you can get. Nothing this fun should be legal.

Great all around package
By Chris C on 07/22/05 11:49 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Can't beat the M3 cab for sports car performance with comfort, particularly this world class level of performance for the $. The exhaust note is unique, but so is BMW's straight 6! Quality is great (have you seen Mercedes and Japanese interiors lately?) and service is mostly very good. Highly recommend this car, at least with the 6 speed manual.

Unbelievable
By Aaron on 07/19/05 11:13 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Can't say enough about the car... truly remarkable handling, performance in general and fun factor that's off the charts.

Exceeded high expectations
By Ryan on 07/12/05 18:30 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is was my dream car in every respect - looks, performance, etc. I had high expectations when I bought it, but after 4k miles, let me tell you that this car is a dream. When you turn off the DSC, turn on launch mode, turn on sport mode, set SMG shifting to S6, hold on! Wow! If a car could ever be too much fun this is it - it definitely takes a huge amount of self discipline to keep this thing legal.

Highly recommend
By Jazzman on 07/09/05 01:14 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

If you looking for a high performance, drop top, with utility, luxury and 4 seats this is the car. Its drinks gas of course but its a high performance sports car what do you expect. You feel the bumps around town but its tuned to corner like a demon and it delivers. The fit and finish are suberb not one flaw could I find. Its fasts, loves to rev and corners like its on rails. The top is a masterpiece. One button and its up or down in 22 seconds. The top neatly stores in a hard cover area behind the seats. Make sure you also get the wind screen. Its an accessory the dealer can order for you but its something you want on those chilly nights. It cuts about 80 percent of the wind.

Great car. Best buy in 50k range
By Zak on 06/26/05 11:25 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a daily driver for me. every day I look foward to driving it. People complain that powerseats are an option, however, I think that it is an effective way to save money because im the only driver and it never needs to move.

I love it ...BUT...
By red on 06/08/05 14:11 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Looks great drives like a dream. BUT I've had too many "quality" issues. The first was stalling when it had less than 500 miles. Turned out to be a computer fault. Next the rear lights started getting water inside after a rain - dealer had the car for three days to replace rear light components. NEXT - the passenger side door handle came off completly - the dealer said it's because its hand assembled! - What a joke. Just this week it started stalling again at idle. I had some reservations buying the car when I looked at the JDP reliability survey and now I think I'll keep it about a year and then get a Corvette.