2005 BMW M3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M3 model:
///Mazing
By m3 on 08/05/09 20:23 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

much better than i was expecting and i was expecting a lot... best handling i have ever felt. great acceleration and looks. you won't understand until you drive it. sick nasty...

Perfect Coupe
By Nocaster on 05/30/09 16:40 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this 2005 M3 because I was looking for something that performed very well but had some interior room and was more flexible than a two seater. This M3 is a 6 speed manual and is otherwise stock with the Alcantara interior. I really love the Alcantara interior, it looks great and really holds you in place during hard cornering. So far the M3 has been everything I expected it to be and more. It's a very balanced package in terms of acceleration, handling, braking etc..When you factor in the fact that with a descent set of winter tires it's a car you can drive all year round it almost sounds like great value. Build quality is superb and I have not had any issues at all.

One Word: Amazing!
By Tim Fleener on 09/27/08 21:21 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Can't say enough good things about my M3. I love it! I have test driven many of these over the years, and I finally took the plunge and bought one earlier this year. It is everything I have always wanted in a car. Excellent good looks, enough room to have my wife and two kids in the car (plus a decent amount of luggage in the trunk), and power and handling that are absolutely breathtaking. Even with the amazing raw power that the engine is capable of, it still gets very good mileage if you aren't "on it" all the time. When not driving aggressively, I have averaged 27.1 mpg for a whole tank of gas. The ride is very stiff, so if you are looking for a cushy car, this is not the ride for you.

Best Overall Sports Coupe!
By TRB on 03/27/08 15:46 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Great looks with the performance to back it up. Everything you want in a sports coupe (performance, design, practicality, and overall appearance. Uncertain about SMG, but am quickly falling in love. The handeling is second to none, and the engine is always willing to give the driver more! All of this with ample space in the rear seats, and storage in the trunk.

Just a Great Car by BreHouse
By Stojilkovic on 09/22/06 06:37 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I got the competition package and it is great. Even though it is an old model it gives it a new look. The car has incredible performance. 12K miles and no problems on the horrible roads of NYC. I would not trade this car for anything. Even gas consumption I get is great for 333 hp.

The thrill of a Bimmer
By JZ on 09/11/06 10:13 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I am a person who believes a car no matter what make or model is meant to be driven not showcased. So I'll give you the driver's point of view. The car is a pleasure to drive. It is fast, it is smooth, and it can handle with the best of them. It's a mean looking car with a mean spirited personality. The tunnel vision you get at the higher RPMs is an amazing feeling. The security in the drive while pushing your car is unprecedented. Knowing a car can handle the high RPMs and the ability to stick to the road can make anyone feel like they are professional drivers. I own a manual, and Sports mode feels like you're driving a new ridiculously faster car. What a car to suit any occasion.

BMW M3 Black/Cinnammon SMG
By rkb on 08/14/06 13:33 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent car overall. Fun to drive. Powerful engine. Excellent handling for a sedan. Love the SMG.

Unbelievable
By Mladenovic on 07/04/06 07:57 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I got an M3 a little over a year ago & loved every minute of it. Recently, I traded it for one of the new E60 M5s. I thought I made a great deal. but I immediately knew I made a horrendous mistake after driving off the lot. The M5 is quick, but is nowhere near as fun or involving as the M3. It felt like what it is: a big, oafy family sedan with a powerful engine. I never thought I would be so disappointed. After 2 days of owning it, I returned it back to the dealership, took a hit & got my M3 back. Now I could not be happier. I'm just more comfortable with these smaller, quicker coupes. Only a new 911 Turbo could replace it (in my opinion).

Still the Best
By R T Cooper on 03/16/06 06:41 AM (PST)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Due to a lengthy involvement in "gentleman's " racing of sports cars, I am often enlisted by friends and acquaintances to find or evaluate the proper car for them, or for a family member. BMW has remained on the primary list of possibilities for some forty, consecutive years. My personal favorite (amongst worthy competition) for an enthusiast's road car is the BMW M3. Since its inception, following on the heels of the mighty CSL race champion, BMW has not put a foot wrong in the development of this package. Even in its current larger and heavier form it is race-course precise, extrordinarily well balanced, built to a quality level well beyond its price. A bargain, actually

Superb Drive
By phil on 01/27/06 21:32 PM (PST)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car could sell on looks alone, but fortunately it goes like stink, has awesome stopping power, and handles far better than you can drive. You should be sure to drive an SMG before you buy it; I hate them and the Gertrag double clutch system is WAY better. Go with the 6 speed and save $$ and complexity. The ride is harsh on uneven pavement, be sure you want to pay that price for the performance you cannot legally use. The BMW "free service" is insufficient for a performance car, review the previous recommendations (before the free service plan was initiated) and follow that if you plan to keep the car very long. the power is above 4K revs, this car is NOT torquey the way a big V8 is.