Used 2005 BMW M3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 BMW M3

View reviews for a specific M3 model:

M3 convertible...it's true what they say
By starrdog

2005 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

i bought my m3 convertible about a month ago. i took me a bit to get use to it, get familiar with it and its all i expected it to be and more. you get alot of attention with it. when you drive it you know your driving a sophisticated, high level performance machine. from the steering to the clutch, to the shifter,to the seats, everything is just a great driving experience. i really cant think of any flaws. oh wait, the second cup holder is useless because the arm rest covers it. thats about it. yes you pay a premium for it even used but when you own it, you will know why. it has great resale value if there is such a thing with cars. fuel mileage is not great. outside of that its a pleasure.

Favorite Features

convertible, exotic big boy performance, imola red seats, attention getter, easy to drive both slow and fast, fantastic high revving engine, getrag transmission, comfort, handles amazingly. nice thick steering wheel clutch/shifter harmony alot like the mini cooper s i traded in for this m3.

Suggested Improvements

second cup holder, improve engine/exhaust note, fuel economy

Germans got this one right!
By M3 Lover 4 Life

2005 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third BMW and 2nd M3. I got it with the lumbar back support (life saver for tall guys like me) With factory bluetooth option. This car will never be sold. If you want a little more kick try installing a K&N cold air induction it will kick up another 20 ft lbs of torque. I also upgraded to the Iridium plugs, great addition. I looked at the 2009 convertible and with the top down you cannot use the trunk, so this baby is mine for years to come No better car in the world for the $ !!!

Favorite Features

Look and performance. If you stay ahead of the service program on this car it is very affordable to keep it running perfectly. Little upgrades like cold air induction and upgrading your plugs with help with this.

Suggested Improvements

I installed a Dice Electronics Ipod integration system so that I can play my Ipod through the factory stereo controls. On the new model M3's they have already done this.

///Mazing
By m3

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

much better than i was expecting and i was expecting a lot... best handling i have ever felt. great acceleration and looks. you won't understand until you drive it. sick nasty...

Favorite Features

comp package

Suggested Improvements

zero

Perfect Coupe
By Nocaster

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this 2005 M3 because I was looking for something that performed very well but had some interior room and was more flexible than a two seater. This M3 is a 6 speed manual and is otherwise stock with the Alcantara interior. I really love the Alcantara interior, it looks great and really holds you in place during hard cornering. So far the M3 has been everything I expected it to be and more. It's a very balanced package in terms of acceleration, handling, braking etc..When you factor in the fact that with a descent set of winter tires it's a car you can drive all year round it almost sounds like great value. Build quality is superb and I have not had any issues at all.

Favorite Features

Drive train feels very well balanced, looks, handling, braking. I love the whole car.

Suggested Improvements

perhaps a bit more bottom end torque when starting off from a stop

One Word: Amazing!
By Tim Fleener

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Can't say enough good things about my M3. I love it! I have test driven many of these over the years, and I finally took the plunge and bought one earlier this year. It is everything I have always wanted in a car. Excellent good looks, enough room to have my wife and two kids in the car (plus a decent amount of luggage in the trunk), and power and handling that are absolutely breathtaking. Even with the amazing raw power that the engine is capable of, it still gets very good mileage if you aren't "on it" all the time. When not driving aggressively, I have averaged 27.1 mpg for a whole tank of gas. The ride is very stiff, so if you are looking for a cushy car, this is not the ride for you.

Favorite Features

7900 rpm redline. I keep thinking "I should shift now...", but then I realize I'm only at 6K rpm and I have almost 2K more to go. :) I also love the rawness of the power in this car.

Suggested Improvements

A little smoother ride under normal driving conditions that only stiffens up when you're driving aggressively. I can't think of anything else that I would change.