2005 BMW M3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M3 model:
M3 convertible...it's true what they say
By starrdog on 01/08/12 23:14 PM (PST)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

i bought my m3 convertible about a month ago. i took me a bit to get use to it, get familiar with it and its all i expected it to be and more. you get alot of attention with it. when you drive it you know your driving a sophisticated, high level performance machine. from the steering to the clutch, to the shifter,to the seats, everything is just a great driving experience. i really cant think of any flaws. oh wait, the second cup holder is useless because the arm rest covers it. thats about it. yes you pay a premium for it even used but when you own it, you will know why. it has great resale value if there is such a thing with cars. fuel mileage is not great. outside of that its a pleasure.

Germans got this one right!
By M3 Lover 4 Life on 12/28/09 16:24 PM (PST)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third BMW and 2nd M3. I got it with the lumbar back support (life saver for tall guys like me) With factory bluetooth option. This car will never be sold. If you want a little more kick try installing a K&N cold air induction it will kick up another 20 ft lbs of torque. I also upgraded to the Iridium plugs, great addition. I looked at the 2009 convertible and with the top down you cannot use the trunk, so this baby is mine for years to come No better car in the world for the $ !!!

///Mazing
By m3 on 08/05/09 20:23 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

much better than i was expecting and i was expecting a lot... best handling i have ever felt. great acceleration and looks. you won't understand until you drive it. sick nasty...

Perfect Coupe
By Nocaster on 05/30/09 16:40 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this 2005 M3 because I was looking for something that performed very well but had some interior room and was more flexible than a two seater. This M3 is a 6 speed manual and is otherwise stock with the Alcantara interior. I really love the Alcantara interior, it looks great and really holds you in place during hard cornering. So far the M3 has been everything I expected it to be and more. It's a very balanced package in terms of acceleration, handling, braking etc..When you factor in the fact that with a descent set of winter tires it's a car you can drive all year round it almost sounds like great value. Build quality is superb and I have not had any issues at all.

One Word: Amazing!
By Tim Fleener on 09/27/08 21:21 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Can't say enough good things about my M3. I love it! I have test driven many of these over the years, and I finally took the plunge and bought one earlier this year. It is everything I have always wanted in a car. Excellent good looks, enough room to have my wife and two kids in the car (plus a decent amount of luggage in the trunk), and power and handling that are absolutely breathtaking. Even with the amazing raw power that the engine is capable of, it still gets very good mileage if you aren't "on it" all the time. When not driving aggressively, I have averaged 27.1 mpg for a whole tank of gas. The ride is very stiff, so if you are looking for a cushy car, this is not the ride for you.

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By Ted on 05/06/08 21:04 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I came from a BMW 330Ci to the M3. The difference was astounding! The quality and build of the vehicle will not disappoint you at all. I have driven many high performance vehicles, and this appears to be the best daily drive and all around vehicle I drove. The horsepower and torque is perfect, and the sound of the inline 6 brings you to a euphoric state. The SMG takes time to get used to but is truly perfect for daily driving. I chose the convertible because I live in southern California where the weather is amazing, and because I do not track my vehicle. And not only that but you can hear the award winning engine much more. Truly, this M3 is the ultimate driving machine.

Best Overall Sports Coupe!
By TRB on 03/27/08 15:46 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Great looks with the performance to back it up. Everything you want in a sports coupe (performance, design, practicality, and overall appearance. Uncertain about SMG, but am quickly falling in love. The handeling is second to none, and the engine is always willing to give the driver more! All of this with ample space in the rear seats, and storage in the trunk.

Just a Great Car by BreHouse
By Stojilkovic on 09/22/06 06:37 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I got the competition package and it is great. Even though it is an old model it gives it a new look. The car has incredible performance. 12K miles and no problems on the horrible roads of NYC. I would not trade this car for anything. Even gas consumption I get is great for 333 hp.

The thrill of a Bimmer
By JZ on 09/11/06 10:13 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I am a person who believes a car no matter what make or model is meant to be driven not showcased. So I'll give you the driver's point of view. The car is a pleasure to drive. It is fast, it is smooth, and it can handle with the best of them. It's a mean looking car with a mean spirited personality. The tunnel vision you get at the higher RPMs is an amazing feeling. The security in the drive while pushing your car is unprecedented. Knowing a car can handle the high RPMs and the ability to stick to the road can make anyone feel like they are professional drivers. I own a manual, and Sports mode feels like you're driving a new ridiculously faster car. What a car to suit any occasion.

BMW M3 Black/Cinnammon SMG
By rkb on 08/14/06 13:33 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent car overall. Fun to drive. Powerful engine. Excellent handling for a sedan. Love the SMG.