Hang On
By Happy in St. Louie on
2004 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)
Shear fun to drive. Can't beat a rag- top in the summer and its not too loud with the top up any other time of year. Definitely get the 19" wheels for grip! I bought 18" radials for winter and drive it all year round without much problem but I have the most fun with the "summer" tires. I get thumbs-up and stares everywhere I go and the car isn't really rare to see. The back seat is actually usable and I drive the kids to school often. I have owned 6 BMWs (4 different models) and this is the most fun of all!
Favorite Features
I just can't decide between acceleration or turning grip--sorry. I fly planes and my M3 gives me a push back into my seat just like a plane. Put it in Sport mode and truly hang on to the wheel. Cornering is stupendous. I've not felt a bit of skid yet in 15K miles.
Suggested Improvements
SMG is supposed to be self-adjusting for driver's technique but I think it just gets confused around town. Sometimes it will momentarily go into one gear and then immediately switch making for tough starts from a stop sign. Wish I had heat in the steering wheel wrap.