Used 2004 BMW M3 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Bmw M3 - Consumer Reviews

2004 BMW M3 Coupe

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (67 reviews )

Most Helpful|
MMM
By Stavri

2004 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

outstanding car. Porsche like performance for alot less money.

Favorite Features

unbelievable motor/handling. SMG transmission is the only way to go.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger tires

close to perfect
By forum154

2004 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

If you are thinking about getting a Bmw M3 i believe you are thinking with inteligence. 0-60 in 4.8 stock, think about that. The handling is amazing, its like a go kart. And to consider how sporty it is the enterior is wonderfull with the feel of the leather and lumber heated seats to the luxuries easy to use navigation screen that is mind blowing. Also if you order the 19" alloy/chrome wheels you are set to go. If your passion in cars is healthy then you will end up test driving this ultimate driving machine and never wanna get out of the driver seat. In conclusion it handles like a dream, has the get out of my way apperance, while having the luxury desig

Favorite Features

navigation, 19" wheels, all the 333 horses, heated lumber seats, memory seating position, its distinctive look, overall just amazing.

Suggested Improvements

the only thing i can think of is the way the door opens, you have to pull up with your wrist but it doesnt really seem to mind me, and just how my window will make a little noise when you close it and it slides up 1/2 a inch.

Awesome!
By harold hare

2004 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Having owned Audi s and BMW x5,330d I finally bought my m3. What a fantastic motor. I went to Manchester via motorway, the other day and recorded 29.6 mpg at a steady 80- 90 mph. This is the best car, by a long way, I have ever owned, a pleasure to drive.

Favorite Features

Raw power, and refined power wen needed. Best feature, the smile on my face.

A great beast!!
By gcabrera

2004 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Aside from a couple of minor issues with interior trim work, broken trunk latch, a new starter and a faulty warning light in the instrument cluster this baby is a head turner.The handling, acceleration and the sport option makes this the car to drive.

Favorite Features

The sport switch, the great comfy seats. Overall appearance.

Suggested Improvements

There are no improvements that come to mind. Perhaps a little overall weight trim.

Best sports car ever
By screamerdongie

2004 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have been driving my M3 for the last 4 years. Truly amazing car. So responsive with exceptional handling. It is turning like on a rail I am not kidding. SMG is amazing once you get used to it - takes a while but once mastered you will love it. So much fun driving in the city. I am getting around 18/25 MPG not great but worth it. Lower the gear step on the gas boom you are there. It is rock solid in terms of reliability. No issues whatsoever. Only change oil twice a year around 100 bucks. E46s are probably the most reliable BMW model ever built. I heard M39s are also pretty reliable. This is one of the best sports car ever. Definitely a head turner. I am sad because it is getting older.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, handling, style, reliability, SMG. Handling did I mention that already?

Suggested Improvements

May be interior could have been better.