Used 2004 BMW M3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Bmw M3 - Consumer Reviews

2004 BMW M3

View reviews for a specific M3 model:

Do yor really know how to use the SMG?!?
By Mohammad Khan

2004 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Im 19 years old and on January 15, 2004 I became the happiest 19 year old in America. The car is great in performance and handling. The SMG (once you truly figure out how to drive it) is an amazing achievement for BMW. Tip to burn out turn traction control off and turn shift gauge up to the 6th! place. Then push your stick into first holding it and reving the car. It will let you rev to about 1500 rpm then let go of the stick and watch an amazing take off. For the price this car is in a class of its own especially for younger generations. Furthermore the Audi S4 is amazing in performance as well the only problem is that it suits an older consumer base.Cant wait for the new M3 in 2008!

Lotta Bang 4TheBuck!
By easy money

2004 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

When I bought my M3, I wasn't even in the market for a car. Driving the M3 made driving in the Colorado Rockies a new and exciting experience. BMW, when they designed the M3 had one thing in mind, "make driving a performance car a eye opening experience. I bought the car, after test driving it! Thank you for the thrill!

Favorite Features

It handles like a dream, and I can feel the road like never before. It has plenty of acceleration for me, and it's a joy to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Keep up your good work, how do you improve on a good thing? I'd love to drive an M3 built for the Highway Patrol, they'd have to call it The Phanthom.

Awesome M3
By Basket Case

2004 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The M3 is fast, smooth, and a real beauty. She performs like no other. The shifter on the steering wheel make it safe and easy. Moving along at 90 seems like 50 MPH. Its the envy of the freeway.

My Ultimate Driving Machine
By FLPNOUT

2004 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is TRUELY the "Ultimate Driving Machine"! This is my 3rd BMW and by far the best when it comes to performance and excitement. Everytime I drive my M3, it makes me feel like a kid again with a new toy that never gets old. I went from a BMW 330CI to Nissan 350Z roadster and found my self missing a BMW. Therefore I sold the Nissan Z and went for a 2004 M3 convertible. I just love the performance handling and comfort that comes in a BMW unlike a Nissan 350 Z where you just get performance and NO comfort and amenities. As far as the lady that posted the review on 8/24/04 "An expensive disappointment", she should not be driving an M3 that she obviously can't handle the power and SMG.

Favorite Features

Navigation, Hardtop, 6 Speed Manual transmission, performance handling, 19" rims, and the beauty of this car with the top down, up, or with the optional hardtop. Due to the weight of the optional hardtop, it makes the convertible feel like a coupe with a softer ride on the suspension.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage could always be better, but then again, this is a Performance Vehicle not a hybrid. What do you expect?!

I (Heart) My M3
By Slinksterfeline

2004 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Aside from having to wait close to a year to get my hands on the exact M3 I wanted, the men at the dealership treating me like a naive little girl, all the while failing to know as much about the car as I did & my M3's cute little habit of sometimes acting like a newly saddled bronco (i.e., BUCKING), I adore this car. I love the SMG & once you get in sync with it you'll be able to drive right through the random/periodic bucking (..I saw from an earlier review that I'm not alone with the bucking, good to know), heck, I look at it as a nifty little challenge, Like racing a thoroughbred, it's worth any mild troubles to be able to fly with ease, style & grace.

Favorite Features

The exterior's elegant, sexy & reminds me of a shark, a super fast Carbon Metallic Shark. The shift paddles are brilliant. The seats are practically molded to my body, I mean honestly there's nothing to dislike about the car. Though, other drivers seem to have issues with my M3...

Suggested Improvements

Okay, maybe the bucking, but now that I know it can happen, I'm ready & it's kinda fun. The interior isn't built to haul kids around (luckily, I don't have any & even if I did, they wouldn't be allowed in my baby) but it fits me & 1 person nicely. An anti-cop shield would be nice too.