Used 2004 BMW M3 Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Bmw M3 - Consumer Reviews

2004 BMW M3 Coupe

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (67 reviews )

I (Heart) My M3
By Slinksterfeline

2004 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Aside from having to wait close to a year to get my hands on the exact M3 I wanted, the men at the dealership treating me like a naive little girl, all the while failing to know as much about the car as I did & my M3's cute little habit of sometimes acting like a newly saddled bronco (i.e., BUCKING), I adore this car. I love the SMG & once you get in sync with it you'll be able to drive right through the random/periodic bucking (..I saw from an earlier review that I'm not alone with the bucking, good to know), heck, I look at it as a nifty little challenge, Like racing a thoroughbred, it's worth any mild troubles to be able to fly with ease, style & grace.

Favorite Features

The exterior's elegant, sexy & reminds me of a shark, a super fast Carbon Metallic Shark. The shift paddles are brilliant. The seats are practically molded to my body, I mean honestly there's nothing to dislike about the car. Though, other drivers seem to have issues with my M3...

Suggested Improvements

Okay, maybe the bucking, but now that I know it can happen, I'm ready & it's kinda fun. The interior isn't built to haul kids around (luckily, I don't have any & even if I did, they wouldn't be allowed in my baby) but it fits me & 1 person nicely. An anti-cop shield would be nice too.

Whoaaaa
By JYPE

2004 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

THe best car I have ever driven. I had a 325i and compared to the M3, let's just say whoaa.

Exceptional
By atl04m3

2004 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th BMW and this one is by far the best of all. I would compare it to a gocart with doors. Fun to drive, but safe and comfortable with all of the creature comforts like navigation, heated nappa leather seats, and sunroof. This car is a bargain that seats 4!

Favorite Features

Navigation is a must, 19" wheels give a killer look!

Suggested Improvements

Exhaust wine has to go. I paid $1000 bucks for the UUC RaspX midpipes to eliminate the rasp note.

As good as they say!
By smg4ggg

2004 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

SMG adds a new dimension to driving. This is the most balanced high performance car I have owned though my 2001 E39 M5 was more refined. The new V-8 E90 M3 has a hard act to follow.

Favorite Features

SMG II coupled to a fabulous inline six cylinder engine.

Suggested Improvements

Having to nitpick but even with the Hardon Kardon stereo upgrade BMW could learn a lesson from its competition as the sound system has much to be desired but I didnít buy an M3 for the radio. BMW also takes a back seat to Lexus in after the sale service.

good wine
By ANDREW

2004 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

For the 1st six months I just loved all the sutle qualities that I keeped on discovering.It was a journey of discovery & appreciation.

Favorite Features

Neck breacking acceleration,rigid chasis.

Suggested Improvements

free get out of jail passesHeat shield protection for re entry