2004 BMW M3 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (67 reviews )
Best sports car ever
By screamerdongie on 12/09/12 11:47 AM (PST)

2004 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have been driving my M3 for the last 4 years. Truly amazing car. So responsive with exceptional handling. It is turning like on a rail I am not kidding. SMG is amazing once you get used to it - takes a while but once mastered you will love it. So much fun driving in the city. I am getting around 18/25 MPG not great but worth it. Lower the gear step on the gas boom you are there. It is rock solid in terms of reliability. No issues whatsoever. Only change oil twice a year around 100 bucks. E46s are probably the most reliable BMW model ever built. I heard M39s are also pretty reliable. This is one of the best sports car ever. Definitely a head turner. I am sad because it is getting older.

The Ultimate driving machine
By wa6lie on 09/18/11 15:05 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

It is hard to put into words about the magical smiles my '04 M3 makes on my face! You need to be the screaming passengers or a gutsy driver to take advantage of what this car delivers! FUN!!. The SMG takes time to learn, but I have a blast at Laguna Seca Raceway! I will have to refer people to the customer M3 reviews seen here to explain what I have to say about my M3! By far the best scariest time in total control! The most fun you can have with your pants on! I have done only 4 mods to my M3. Racing bushings for suspension, -1 degree camber for handling, Cool Carbon brake pads for the track, and K&N air filter. Stock other than that. Can't wait to drive! You have to pry me out of the seat!

Awesome!
By harold hare on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Having owned Audi s and BMW x5,330d I finally bought my m3. What a fantastic motor. I went to Manchester via motorway, the other day and recorded 29.6 mpg at a steady 80- 90 mph. This is the best car, by a long way, I have ever owned, a pleasure to drive.

Turbine Smooth
By Dick de Kroon on 06/04/10 04:24 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 58 cars - this is the very best - first drove a friend's new one in 1994 and vowed I'd get one, one day - well I am fortunate to own such a magnificent beast! The grin factor is huge - I always enjoy starting her up , letting her warm up - then giving more and more stick - and then there's still the Sport button - wow what could a person want? Looks good in an understated way - just the way I like it - best thing I ever did on the motoring side of things! Find myself wondering what I could replace it with - nothing comes to mind!

Perfection on Four Wheels
By Brian Graham on 09/16/07 17:19 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I just picked up my M3. I got it used with 8800 miles on it. What a beautiful piece of machinery. Stopping, accelerating, handling. Just amazing! The E46 body style is the best! If you can, buy one!

Keeps me smiling
By Benny on 06/16/07 20:17 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car just keeps you smiling. Even when you drive it with normal traffic it's just a great feeling under your foot.

A great beast!!
By gcabrera on 01/25/07 14:57 PM (PST)

2004 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Aside from a couple of minor issues with interior trim work, broken trunk latch, a new starter and a faulty warning light in the instrument cluster this baby is a head turner.The handling, acceleration and the sport option makes this the car to drive.

M3 - 2004
By M3 2004 on 07/11/06 11:12 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is nothing but responsive. Braking action is excellent. Engine is extremely reliable. Handling is solid. Definitely, best value for its class. Best looking BMW M3 design ever. In my opinion, BMW will never surpass the E46 body style for a long time to come!!! Last, on top of all, this could be a daily driver, no brainer!

A German Delight
By Payam rahimifar on 01/02/06 04:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle has proven itself both in drive and in park. It breaks necks, causes people to stare and attracts attention thanks to its positively defined look which equilibrates muscle with class. However, when the car is in drive, it is a different story. Very quick, sounds great, not too many cars that can keep up with the 333 horses energizing this machince meant to race down the autobahn. Feels great, handles great, and loks great... what more can you ask from a car that gets from 0 - 60 mph in 4.5 seconds ?

What a blast
By Mr. CD55 on 12/30/05 21:37 PM (PST)

2004 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned a few sports cars, and nothing can match the fun factor of my M3. It makes me smile every time I drive it. Great power (esp for a 6), great handling, looks awesome, and my local dealers service dept is the best to boot. I am in the process of ordering a new '06 M3 coupe and will be doing the European delivery. I will never buy anything but German cars from now on.