2004 BMW M3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M3 model:
All in one!!! Performance, Style and Reliability
By vision3 on 04/15/14 18:45 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this amazing car last year with 55k orig miles. I've since driven it for 12k miles and can only say great things about it. It runs, drives and handles outstanding. The solid build, craftsmanship and styling of this car is top notch. The exterior color is called Carbon Schwartz. At first glance, it looks Black; but, in sunlight it seems to change to metallic dark Blue. Have to see it to believe it! Interior is Black with Black convertible top and 19" wheels. All original, non SMG, regular 6 spd. No problems at all. A practical yet powerful convertible sports car with room for 4 people and suitcases. A powerful, great handling sports car that gets 20mpg!! BMW got it right!!

Best sports car ever
By screamerdongie on 12/09/12 11:47 AM (PST)

2004 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have been driving my M3 for the last 4 years. Truly amazing car. So responsive with exceptional handling. It is turning like on a rail I am not kidding. SMG is amazing once you get used to it - takes a while but once mastered you will love it. So much fun driving in the city. I am getting around 18/25 MPG not great but worth it. Lower the gear step on the gas boom you are there. It is rock solid in terms of reliability. No issues whatsoever. Only change oil twice a year around 100 bucks. E46s are probably the most reliable BMW model ever built. I heard M39s are also pretty reliable. This is one of the best sports car ever. Definitely a head turner. I am sad because it is getting older.

The Ultimate driving machine
By wa6lie on 09/18/11 15:05 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

It is hard to put into words about the magical smiles my '04 M3 makes on my face! You need to be the screaming passengers or a gutsy driver to take advantage of what this car delivers! FUN!!. The SMG takes time to learn, but I have a blast at Laguna Seca Raceway! I will have to refer people to the customer M3 reviews seen here to explain what I have to say about my M3! By far the best scariest time in total control! The most fun you can have with your pants on! I have done only 4 mods to my M3. Racing bushings for suspension, -1 degree camber for handling, Cool Carbon brake pads for the track, and K&N air filter. Stock other than that. Can't wait to drive! You have to pry me out of the seat!

Awesome!
By harold hare on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Having owned Audi s and BMW x5,330d I finally bought my m3. What a fantastic motor. I went to Manchester via motorway, the other day and recorded 29.6 mpg at a steady 80- 90 mph. This is the best car, by a long way, I have ever owned, a pleasure to drive.

Turbine Smooth
By Dick de Kroon on 06/04/10 04:24 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 58 cars - this is the very best - first drove a friend's new one in 1994 and vowed I'd get one, one day - well I am fortunate to own such a magnificent beast! The grin factor is huge - I always enjoy starting her up , letting her warm up - then giving more and more stick - and then there's still the Sport button - wow what could a person want? Looks good in an understated way - just the way I like it - best thing I ever did on the motoring side of things! Find myself wondering what I could replace it with - nothing comes to mind!

Can't buy more fun
By Silvert M3 on 06/02/08 11:15 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Nothing handles, accelerates, and overall performs like an M3 convertible and still has room for 4 people and luggage (try that in a Porsche). Proof positive that you can make a practical car fun, and a performance car practical! All with 21 mpg city and 25 mpg highway.

Fun at First - Then the poor quality
By Frustrum on 12/09/07 14:05 PM (PST)

2004 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Had a lot of fun with the top down, great acceleration and speed -- loved the SMG. Not enough space for all the bad. Twice transmission died on the freeway at 90 mph, flying in neutral. Manage to get to the side, tow-truck guy says "these have been dropping like flies." GPS never worked. Took into different dealers totaling 5 times, everytime they said it was fixed. It actually works now. Intermittent glitch on windows rolling up, still not fixed. Tire pressure light is on now and won't go away (tires checkout). Took to dealer and they said it was fixed, drive it away and light still on. Anyway, tons of other basic quality issues. Frayed steering wheel leather.

Perfection on Four Wheels
By Brian Graham on 09/16/07 17:19 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I just picked up my M3. I got it used with 8800 miles on it. What a beautiful piece of machinery. Stopping, accelerating, handling. Just amazing! The E46 body style is the best! If you can, buy one!

Keeps me smiling
By Benny on 06/16/07 20:17 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car just keeps you smiling. Even when you drive it with normal traffic it's just a great feeling under your foot.

2004 BMW M3 Convertible
By HawaiianDropTop on 05/11/07 23:31 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Incredible car! The SMG is so much fun without the worries. There's crazy traffic here in Hawaii and I would never get a manual transmission car. The SMG offers so many options of how you want the car to perform with the feel of a manual. Great gas mileage for a 333hp car. It definitely lives up to its name as "ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE".