2003 BMW M3 Consumer Review: One happy M3 owner

2003 BMW M3 - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

One happy M3 owner
By JohnM3 on

2003 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

My car is a late '03 and it's been nothing but a wonderful driving experience so far. I've put nearly 30,000 miles on it in 18 months and it's been perfectly reliable as a daily driver...no warranty issues. I've even driven in light snow with it, thanks to the abilities of DSC. The best thing you can do for yourself is to take the one day M-school course offered by BMW at their performance delivery center in Greenville, South Carolina. You'll learn all about how to properly use the M3's capabilities. It's cheap insurance!

1. Acceleration 2. Handling capabilities 3. Build quality 4. Styling inside and out 5. Nav system (a must!) 6. Park distance control (decadent but worth it) 7. Rain sensing, variable speed wipers (trés cool)

The '06 will be totally redesigned so it's hard to know whether my few complaints will be addressed but: 1. Get rid of the annoying buzz in the exhaust system 2. Make a high quality stereo system available; the HK unit is terrible 3. Make the driver's mirror turn down when shifting into reverse