Used 2003 BMW M3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific M3 model:

Fun Fast Exciting...it's an M3
By JTL

2003 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I personally am new to the BMW world as I've only owned a 2001 BMW 330CI and recently purchased a 2003 BMW M3 Coupe. I was impressed with the performance, handling, and look of the car. The car is amazing and looks fantastic!! The only option I wish the M3 would offer is Heads up display to help keep my eyes on the road rather than on my speedometer.

Favorite Features

SMG II, Sport Mode, Braking, Curves and Styling

Suggested Improvements

Better interior materials - marks very easily and tough to clean on nappa leather maybe a more resistent protective coating on the trim and leather will help but besides that I love the car!!..more toys would be nice like Satellite radio options/heads up display/adaptive headlights...

E46 M3 is a superior car
By JetBlackE46M3

2003 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second M3, but the first of this (E46) generation. I am absolutely stunned and impressed with the level of performance that has been drawn from this exceptional 3.2 litre inline 6 engine. I thought my old '97 M3 with 240HP felt quick, well this thing is unreal. You can outrun 911's and most of the muscle car crowd and look better doing it. Handles amazingly well, rides smoother than expected (even with my 19" wheels) and is an all around wonderful car. I would change very little about it except maybe make the interior a little more "Mercedes like" I guess.

Favorite Features

Stunning, ultra smooth and powerful 333HP inline 6 engine. Go cart like handling. Brakes that put a $125,000 911 Turbo to shame.

Suggested Improvements

More stylish/quality interior. Better speaker quality for H/K stero upgrade.

Wish I had a Vette
By GirlOutOfControl

2003 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have driven too many sports cars to list. As for the M3, I agree with the guy who wrote in about the Corvette. If the vette had a back seat for my son, then, I would own the "Ultimate Driving Machine". I believe there is too much hype over a car that pales in comparison to the vette overall and watch your fuel consumption...the 8-cylinder Vette has them beat there too! Don't get me wrong; I do love the M3, because it offers safety, room for 4 passengers and sleek looks, but c'mon, it certainly is NOT "scarry" as one critic wrote in.

Favorite Features

Looks, space for four passengers, nice size trunk, safety

Suggested Improvements

What's up with the tin can tunes? Did Harmon Kardon really make this? The dash trim pieces (hard plastic) remind me of a Ford Escort. Should lumbar be "extra"? The seats could stand some extra comfort considering the brutal stiffness of the stock tires (already burned and gone).

Outrageous
By CCB

2003 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

It's been a year now, I a still get surprised by the power this little in- line six put's out. My wife still won't drive the car due to the tight handling and head jerking snaps between gears. I've had it up to 135 for about 30 minutes across the Mohave desert (in train with a TT and A8) and fely I could have out accelerated them at any moment. Yeah, the price tag with the SMG tranny is high, but my kids will understand that Junior College is OK, once they get there.

Favorite Features

SMG Transmission

Suggested Improvements

None needed

Greased Lightning and Roaring Thunder!
By derek33

2003 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The BMW M3 is a vehicle unlike any other. It combines the power and handling of a Porsche or Ferrari, with the luxury and comfort of a Mercedes. It's ride is firm and responsive. Formula 1 level performance, all for only $50,000!! This car is truly the best car I've ever driven...I can only imagine what the BMW engineers will create for the 2006 model.

Favorite Features

Nappa Leather, Speed to burn!