Used 2003 BMW M3 Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 BMW M3 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (45 reviews )

MMMMMM
By stonemik

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

0 problems in 6 months with sterling performance, wet or dry. I've owned performance cars, trucks and a roadster - but my E46 M3 takes the cake. It took almost 3 months to get it once the order was placed but when I saw it sitting ready for me to take her home, the wait was more than worth it. What other car comes close to this price point that: 1.lets backseat passengers take their legs with them 2. High Performance Rev-Happy Engine 3. Safety 4. "Fun to drive" doesn't even touch it.

SMG - what else need be said Styling - can go to the opera or to the track Stealth - to those who casually glance at the car it looks like "just another 3 series" a true wolf in sheep's clothing The Feeling you get when you drive her

Overly soft Nappa Leather "scratches" easily. Would prefer an interior that is more M and less 3. Better Nav system (That's why I didn't order it) HK Upgrade adds a rattle feature in the passenger door speaker.

Fun Fast Exciting...it's an M3
By JTL

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I personally am new to the BMW world as I've only owned a 2001 BMW 330CI and recently purchased a 2003 BMW M3 Coupe. I was impressed with the performance, handling, and look of the car. The car is amazing and looks fantastic!! The only option I wish the M3 would offer is Heads up display to help keep my eyes on the road rather than on my speedometer.

SMG II, Sport Mode, Braking, Curves and Styling

Better interior materials - marks very easily and tough to clean on nappa leather maybe a more resistent protective coating on the trim and leather will help but besides that I love the car!!..more toys would be nice like Satellite radio options/heads up display/adaptive headlights...

E46 M3 is a superior car
By JetBlackE46M3

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second M3, but the first of this (E46) generation. I am absolutely stunned and impressed with the level of performance that has been drawn from this exceptional 3.2 litre inline 6 engine. I thought my old '97 M3 with 240HP felt quick, well this thing is unreal. You can outrun 911's and most of the muscle car crowd and look better doing it. Handles amazingly well, rides smoother than expected (even with my 19" wheels) and is an all around wonderful car. I would change very little about it except maybe make the interior a little more "Mercedes like" I guess.

Stunning, ultra smooth and powerful 333HP inline 6 engine. Go cart like handling. Brakes that put a $125,000 911 Turbo to shame.

More stylish/quality interior. Better speaker quality for H/K stero upgrade.

Greased Lightning and Roaring Thunder!
By derek33

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The BMW M3 is a vehicle unlike any other. It combines the power and handling of a Porsche or Ferrari, with the luxury and comfort of a Mercedes. It's ride is firm and responsive. Formula 1 level performance, all for only $50,000!! This car is truly the best car I've ever driven...I can only imagine what the BMW engineers will create for the 2006 model.

Nappa Leather, Speed to burn!

OWNER