2003 BMW M3 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (45 reviews )
Spectacular
By Speedi on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW, and I have to admit it has been a long time coming. I have been desiring an M3 for about 15 years and have finally gathered the coinage for the purchase. When I picked up the car, there was not one flaw I could see. This is the best built and sportiest car I have ever driven or seen. I even get 26 MPG with this high-performance automobile! Truly amazing.

This is a sport car
By scott on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The perfect car....if you drive on a track. I have the SMG transmission and really don't care for it much. It is very notchy and not very friendly for mundane daily driving. If you drive very aggressively all of the time, this could be the car for you. If you don't, I would suggest one of the other 3 series cars....I've owned them as well and loved every minute of it.

03 M3
By rossm3 on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Great build quality. Great handeling, complete performance package without being offensive.

Satisfied customer
By adam reuben on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

After three months of waiting my M finally arrived and it didn't dissapoint. This is the most powerful vehicle I have ever driven, there is power in every gear and throughout the entire range of the tachometer. The response of the car is immediate and when pushed the car pins you to the drivers seat for an amazing ride. The interior is comfortable and supportive and the controls are functional and easy to decipher. In my opinion this is the most complete GT on the market.

Not a slug
By BimmerMan on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

With SMG this car is not a slug. Also to the reviewer in the previous post... it is Getrag. Guess you need to be trained as well...

what a car..
By skifahrer on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

i just got my m3 smg about a month ago. so far i have to admit it's a great car.. the ride is great.. the speed you can go into turns is phenomenal, the gear changing with the smg transmission is is awesome.. forget about stick shift.. and if you are stuck in traffic roll along in automatic.. the pick up is more then good enough if you want to go faster..in the automatic mode. the breaks are great and no fading even after a few hard brake downs from high speeds (+/-140mph to 65-80mph).. the ride is hard but hey, if you want a softer ride get a c-class mercedes benz or a lexus.

Best Car Ever
By BMWsRock on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Ridiculous looks, ridiculous performance. It can be calm and docile when driving your mother-in-law, and after you drop her off you can drive circles around 911s and Corvettes.

WATCH OUT AMG'S AND 911'S
By CHARLES on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

THE ACCELERATIONIS PHENOMENAL.I HAVE THE SMG_II TRANSMISSIONAND LET ME TELL YOU ITS A BLAAAAAAAAAAAST S6 MODE WITH SPORTS MODE IS LIKE SITTING ON TOP OF A ROCKET.WITH THIS SET ACCELERATION IS TRUUUUULY SCAAAAAAAAAARY WITH SHIFTS EXECUTED IN A MERE 0.8 SECS WITH A SHUDDERING SLAP IN THE BACK OF THE NECK HOW BMW ENGINEERS BALANCED THIS WITH SUCH AN AMAZING CHASIS IS SIMPLY AWE INSPIRING 333HP..O-60 IN 4.8SEC PLUS 11 TRANSMISSION MODES PLUS A SPORTS MODE BUTTON WHICH REALLY SEEMS LIKE A NITRO SWITCH IS SCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARY!!!!!!

STruCs M3
By STruC on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is very fun to drive. I love how fast it takes off. It's not about how fast your car drives, but its about how fast you get to that speed. And I love it.

If you want M3, get this one.
By Importdriver on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have been driving my coupe for 9 months (weekend driving) and I still can't get over the handling and power. This car just wants to go fast! Don't listen to those who complain about harsh rides. If you want comfort, go for the 325/330. Engine problem is a concern, but so far mine runs without any problems. Exhaust note is a bit cheesy but it somehow gives the car a character. I have taken to the track, gunball racing etc etc... Since this will probably be the last M3 before Bangle's inhumane design shows up. Get it!