2003 BMW M3 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (45 reviews )
Its Not Perfect, but close
By M3ITSFUN on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Driving over a year now, I can say its a awesome sports car, truly special in everyway. Its unique and has very few faults, it will make you want to drive more. Obvious but... Can be tricky to drive in bad weather but mostly due to driver behavior, dont turn off saftey systems.

My BMW M3
By lilqdee2 on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I recently purchased a new 2003 titanium silver M3 Coupe. Love the 19- inch rims and the sports/cold weather package. Nappa leather/aluminum trim make the interior gorgeous. I've had the car for about 3.5 months now and the only problems I had were in a loose transmission plate that was replaced and covered under warranty and the snow - this is obviously not a winter-weather car to drive. Since I have the SMG feature and its rear- wheel drive, it was extremely difficult to drive the car around snow patches.

Best sports car for the money
By JeffM on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Compared to sporty sedans (Audi S4) and traditional sports cars (Porsche 911), the E46 M3 has all of the performance of the latter with very few compromises. The S4 is a great choice if you NEED four doors, but otherwise, the M3 is the choice for serious drivers. This car is the real deal when it comes to performance, and yet it's comfortable and easy to live with. The trunk is usable and you can even put someone in the back seat without feeling guilty. The M3 is always fun the drive, and never beats you up, unlike some harder-edged sports cars.

Tight M3
By Ronnizzle on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The M3 is the best sports car for its cost and can compete with some of the greatest cars in the world. It drives extremely well in daily traffic and such.

M3, fun on wheels
By BMWEMT on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Ive been driving bimmers since 1984, a 325, a633, an M6, a 540 sport, and this M3 is the best of the bunch. Got the premium package with moon roof heated seats and all leather seats. Actually, this is my sons graduation present for next May. When I turn it over, I'll go pick up another one. Just too damn much fun to drive!!!!!

MMMMMM
By stonemik on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

0 problems in 6 months with sterling performance, wet or dry. I've owned performance cars, trucks and a roadster - but my E46 M3 takes the cake. It took almost 3 months to get it once the order was placed but when I saw it sitting ready for me to take her home, the wait was more than worth it. What other car comes close to this price point that: 1.lets backseat passengers take their legs with them 2. High Performance Rev-Happy Engine 3. Safety 4. "Fun to drive" doesn't even touch it.

Fun Fast Exciting...it's an M3
By JTL on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I personally am new to the BMW world as I've only owned a 2001 BMW 330CI and recently purchased a 2003 BMW M3 Coupe. I was impressed with the performance, handling, and look of the car. The car is amazing and looks fantastic!! The only option I wish the M3 would offer is Heads up display to help keep my eyes on the road rather than on my speedometer.

E46 M3 is a superior car
By JetBlackE46M3 on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second M3, but the first of this (E46) generation. I am absolutely stunned and impressed with the level of performance that has been drawn from this exceptional 3.2 litre inline 6 engine. I thought my old '97 M3 with 240HP felt quick, well this thing is unreal. You can outrun 911's and most of the muscle car crowd and look better doing it. Handles amazingly well, rides smoother than expected (even with my 19" wheels) and is an all around wonderful car. I would change very little about it except maybe make the interior a little more "Mercedes like" I guess.

Greased Lightning and Roaring Thunder!
By derek33 on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The BMW M3 is a vehicle unlike any other. It combines the power and handling of a Porsche or Ferrari, with the luxury and comfort of a Mercedes. It's ride is firm and responsive. Formula 1 level performance, all for only $50,000!! This car is truly the best car I've ever driven...I can only imagine what the BMW engineers will create for the 2006 model.

OWNER
By JAMES on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

LOVE IT THE BEST CAR TO DRIVE THE FEEL LIKE I AM IN A SPACE SHIP AT 100MPH