2003 BMW M3 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (45 reviews )
Rush of Seratonin and Dopamine driving this car !!!
By m3matt on 03/28/14 16:28 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is extremely powerful and fast for what it is. For a 3.2L 6 cylinder car this thing has more power and much faster than my 1995 Corvette with a 5.7L V8 that i used to own. Very comfortable ride that handles awesome. You can take turns and bends at very high speeds and it hugs the corners and feels very stable at high speeds. I have the 6 speed manual which I love. Fastest I took it up to was 130 mph in 6th gear and still some room on the tach. the European models can top out close to 180 mph. US models have a restrictor on the somewhere around 140 or so but can override with a chip. Does use a bit of gas depending on driving habits but who cars when your having fun.

Bavarian Engineering at its best.
By alpswagon on 09/23/12 22:47 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Love the car, its like a wolf in sheep's clothing. Drives like a luxury car when out of sport mode. But when you push the sport button it instantly turns into a street legal race car. Handles like a dream and puts a huge smile on your face when you drive this vehicle.

Mid-life ride
By mgrif32 on 04/26/12 18:05 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my M3 in December with 71k miles...had been looking for one for three years before this one rolled on the lot. It has been everything I hoped, and I've even managed to get 21 mpg combined city/hwy. The ride is a little bumpy, largely because of the tight suspension and low-profile tires. But every time I drive it, I get a smile on my face. I don't drive it hard, but I do look forward to on ramps, and it's nice having "video game" speed whenever I want to pass on the highway. Press the accelerator, and it takes off. The stereo is good, but not great, and the factory navigation is obviously a bit outdated, but still neat to have.

3 years later
By Don on 08/10/06 19:07 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

As of July '06 I've owned my M3 for three years and it's my daily driver. It is a fantastic experience. It takes a while to learn the SMG but it,s worth it; once you've got it down you'll never regret it. Buttery smooth shifts or burnouts from hell. The ride is pure performance. You feel like your hands are running over the surface of the road. With that kind of input you know exactly what to expect from the car. My M3 has been everything I hoped it would be. I've had any number of total strangers come up to me and tell me how much they like my car. I have no idea what BMW is going to do for an encore but I will be ready, willing and waiting.

Luvin Every Minute Of It
By PaulWall on 04/07/06 04:14 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

My first impression of this car was bad since within the first 2 weeks of ownership it had to be towed to the shop for not starting. The starter was replaced along with wiper blades and an oil change at no cost. Nice. It has been a dream ever since. It has incredible power for an inline 6 cyl and a suspension that compliments it once you get up to speed. The interior is well suited for a high performance car yet still remains very comfortable partly due to the lower seat extension a feature I really like. The only issue I've had with driving was getting use to the SMG transmission and now I'm madly in love with that setup. Great job on the entire design of this driveline.

Overall Bliss
By Chris on 05/02/05 15:21 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a driver's dream. The complete package of comfort and performance. Outside of the door trim losing adhesiveness, the car has been worry and problem free. You can't help but get out and push the 333hp to the limits. The brakes, steering and DSC help make it as safe as it is fun to drive. There is not other car on the road, providing as much fun as the M3 for the money.

BMW M3
By Paul on 01/07/05 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I was on the wait list for the Porsche 997 and decided to get the M3 instead. I would love to own both but do not regret my decision to get the M3. I have been in or owned and/or driven Audi S4, Ferrari 550, Porsche 911T, Corvette Z06. All are outstanding in their own way. Bottom line is that there is no comprable car for the money. Corvette Z06 is a fantastic performance machine but still in essence a 'Chevy.' The C6 may be different. The S4 (2001) was a great car and easier to modify for more horsepower but had severe understeer and turbo lag. I would rather have the 911 turbo or Ferrari but obviously both are in a different price class.

One happy M3 owner
By JohnM3 on 01/06/05 14:36 PM (PST)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

My car is a late '03 and it's been nothing but a wonderful driving experience so far. I've put nearly 30,000 miles on it in 18 months and it's been perfectly reliable as a daily driver...no warranty issues. I've even driven in light snow with it, thanks to the abilities of DSC. The best thing you can do for yourself is to take the one day M-school course offered by BMW at their performance delivery center in Greenville, South Carolina. You'll learn all about how to properly use the M3's capabilities. It's cheap insurance!

M3- the sensible supercar
By Randstar on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I moved from a 540 to the 2003 M3. I wanted more of the "driving experience". I got it. THe M3 is a rocket, and corners unbelievably. Yet i have 3 kids, and visiting in St Louis I had my wife, the 3 kids, and 4 pieces of luggage in the trunk, all going to the airport. Try that in your 911! Cramped yes, but definitely doable. The car is fairly comfortable for 3 adults. The ride is ultra firm, and not for the light of heart. Drinking you AM coffee in the car, and you better have good roads, or you'll be wearing most of the coffee. On reasonable roads the ride is fine, again firm. However, all this is quibbling in the face of a very fun car to drive.

M3 Madness
By Gretsky911 on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I upgraded from a 3-series coupe to a M3 and found the 2003 out-performs the 323ci hands down. The M3 is an awesome car and has specific apects that make it so. Whether your an middle aged man or a Guy out of college, you'll feel the freedom of driving one of the most powerful cars on the market. Whether your on the track, on the highway, in a city or even in a lot, you can always find some time to push the car. Whether its the speed you like, cornering, or just the style. This car has got it all. Improved stock suspension, brakes and strut bar help the car to preform over its successors. Though there are always aftermarket room for improvements.

1 2 3 4 5 next »