Used 2003 BMW M3 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 BMW M3 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (37 reviews )

Don't wait to get a used M3
By brianz

2003 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 24 cars in the past in 12 years of me owning my license. I had always wanted an m3 conv. and I finally purchased one! It has made me decide that BMW is truly the ultimate driving machine and I will get another m3 if I ever decided to sell this one . But that does not look likely. Fun/ sun / speed! They made a great car that I would recommend to anyone that asks.

The though you back in your seat power! and the looks as everyone loves this car!

With the top up there are some rattles but what is the top doing up? Its a convertible and when its down there are no sounds but the wind and motor

Live in Daytona?
By trying Lexus

2003 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th BMW and wanted to treat myself to a convertible. Although this is truly a ‘looker’, unless you are driving the Daytona 500 to work, I’d suggest getting the loaded 330 (or Lexus IS). Racing clutch is impossible to not be jerky no matter how delicate you shift. Suspension is so tight than unless you’re on pristine Florida roads, you can lose a kidney on the way to work. But, lets face it, the car draws attention and it’s still true that nothing handles and drives like a BMW!

Looks! Superior BMW reputation and reliability.

As in the 2010 model, you really need the option to 'relax' the suspension. This car is NOT a comfortable ride. Fun if on the track, but how many times are we doing that!

Ultimate Driving Machine
By the STIG

2003 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Right when I saw this car I knew that we were meant for each other. The handling will blow you away. Love letting it loose all the way to 8200 redline and then shifting in .8 milliseconds. Love driving in SPORT and DSC turned off. Surprising decent mpg get 27 on highway and 21 on streets and I don't drive like a gramma. Just keep in mind if the road is ruff you will feel it! M3 comes with a lot of options like nav, competition package, CSL, luxury package.

SMGII, gauge set up, body style, grille, 8200 red line, xenon lights

meaner exhaust seriously, hide antenna

Wow!
By Ammalgam

2003 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought this car a couple of days ago. Black/Black and convertible. Let me tell you this car is amazing. Civil enough to drive to work but enough horsepower to totally blow away the 911 Carrera next to you.

Engine noise through the exhaust and convertible top.

I wish you didn't have to hold down the button to have the top open and close. It should be a one touch thing.

AMAZING!!
By marsh

2003 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

We have only had the car for about 5 months (we bought it used) and we already love it! it is such a great car. It is sturdy and very quick. And during the summer the convertable is great. I would reccomend this car to anybody.

Everything about the engine is great. It has a great sound and a sturdy feel.

The gas mileage could be a little bit better.