Used 2003 BMW M3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Bmw M3 - Consumer Reviews

2003 BMW M3

View reviews for a specific M3 model:

Rush of Seratonin and Dopamine driving this car !!!
By m3matt

2003 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is extremely powerful and fast for what it is. For a 3.2L 6 cylinder car this thing has more power and much faster than my 1995 Corvette with a 5.7L V8 that i used to own. Very comfortable ride that handles awesome. You can take turns and bends at very high speeds and it hugs the corners and feels very stable at high speeds. I have the 6 speed manual which I love. Fastest I took it up to was 130 mph in 6th gear and still some room on the tach. the European models can top out close to 180 mph. US models have a restrictor on the somewhere around 140 or so but can override with a chip. Does use a bit of gas depending on driving habits but who cars when your having fun.

Favorite Features

One is the sport mode. It will throw you back in your seat. Also the rush you feel when you are cruising at 40 mph or so, hit the sport mode, drop it down a gear and watch the speedometer climb and feel the car take off.

Suggested Improvements

For the year I think this car was way ahead of its time and would still even give alot of newer cars a run for their money. For example the sporty looking vent grills on the side front fenders. The M3 is the first car I remember seeing do that. Now you see alot of stupid cars in the year 2014 such as Kia Optima, Ford pickup trucks, Ford focus, and a few other crappy cars that stared to put that on their front side fenders.

Bavarian Engineering at its best.
By alpswagon

2003 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Love the car, its like a wolf in sheep's clothing. Drives like a luxury car when out of sport mode. But when you push the sport button it instantly turns into a street legal race car. Handles like a dream and puts a huge smile on your face when you drive this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Lines of the car. Love the distinction between the normal 3 series and the M3.

Mid-life ride
By mgrif32

2003 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my M3 in December with 71k miles...had been looking for one for three years before this one rolled on the lot. It has been everything I hoped, and I've even managed to get 21 mpg combined city/hwy. The ride is a little bumpy, largely because of the tight suspension and low-profile tires. But every time I drive it, I get a smile on my face. I don't drive it hard, but I do look forward to on ramps, and it's nice having "video game" speed whenever I want to pass on the highway. Press the accelerator, and it takes off. The stereo is good, but not great, and the factory navigation is obviously a bit outdated, but still neat to have.

Favorite Features

Great acceleration, strong braking, Heated seats, On-board computer, rain-sensing wipers

Suggested Improvements

Upgraded factory stereo package could be better, Key is kind of clunky

Don't wait to get a used M3
By brianz

2003 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 24 cars in the past in 12 years of me owning my license. I had always wanted an m3 conv. and I finally purchased one! It has made me decide that BMW is truly the ultimate driving machine and I will get another m3 if I ever decided to sell this one . But that does not look likely. Fun/ sun / speed! They made a great car that I would recommend to anyone that asks.

Favorite Features

The though you back in your seat power! and the looks as everyone loves this car!

Suggested Improvements

With the top up there are some rattles but what is the top doing up? Its a convertible and when its down there are no sounds but the wind and motor

Live in Daytona?
By trying Lexus

2003 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th BMW and wanted to treat myself to a convertible. Although this is truly a ‘looker’, unless you are driving the Daytona 500 to work, I’d suggest getting the loaded 330 (or Lexus IS). Racing clutch is impossible to not be jerky no matter how delicate you shift. Suspension is so tight than unless you’re on pristine Florida roads, you can lose a kidney on the way to work. But, lets face it, the car draws attention and it’s still true that nothing handles and drives like a BMW!

Favorite Features

Looks! Superior BMW reputation and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

As in the 2010 model, you really need the option to 'relax' the suspension. This car is NOT a comfortable ride. Fun if on the track, but how many times are we doing that!