2003 BMW M3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M3 model:
Rush of Seratonin and Dopamine driving this car !!!
By m3matt on 03/28/14 16:28 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is extremely powerful and fast for what it is. For a 3.2L 6 cylinder car this thing has more power and much faster than my 1995 Corvette with a 5.7L V8 that i used to own. Very comfortable ride that handles awesome. You can take turns and bends at very high speeds and it hugs the corners and feels very stable at high speeds. I have the 6 speed manual which I love. Fastest I took it up to was 130 mph in 6th gear and still some room on the tach. the European models can top out close to 180 mph. US models have a restrictor on the somewhere around 140 or so but can override with a chip. Does use a bit of gas depending on driving habits but who cars when your having fun.

Bavarian Engineering at its best.
By alpswagon on 09/23/12 22:47 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Love the car, its like a wolf in sheep's clothing. Drives like a luxury car when out of sport mode. But when you push the sport button it instantly turns into a street legal race car. Handles like a dream and puts a huge smile on your face when you drive this vehicle.

Mid-life ride
By mgrif32 on 04/26/12 18:05 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my M3 in December with 71k miles...had been looking for one for three years before this one rolled on the lot. It has been everything I hoped, and I've even managed to get 21 mpg combined city/hwy. The ride is a little bumpy, largely because of the tight suspension and low-profile tires. But every time I drive it, I get a smile on my face. I don't drive it hard, but I do look forward to on ramps, and it's nice having "video game" speed whenever I want to pass on the highway. Press the accelerator, and it takes off. The stereo is good, but not great, and the factory navigation is obviously a bit outdated, but still neat to have.

Don't wait to get a used M3
By brianz on 08/19/10 10:48 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 24 cars in the past in 12 years of me owning my license. I had always wanted an m3 conv. and I finally purchased one! It has made me decide that BMW is truly the ultimate driving machine and I will get another m3 if I ever decided to sell this one . But that does not look likely. Fun/ sun / speed! They made a great car that I would recommend to anyone that asks.

Live in Daytona?
By trying Lexus on 07/26/09 09:30 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th BMW and wanted to treat myself to a convertible. Although this is truly a ‘looker’, unless you are driving the Daytona 500 to work, I’d suggest getting the loaded 330 (or Lexus IS). Racing clutch is impossible to not be jerky no matter how delicate you shift. Suspension is so tight than unless you’re on pristine Florida roads, you can lose a kidney on the way to work. But, lets face it, the car draws attention and it’s still true that nothing handles and drives like a BMW!

Ultimate Driving Machine
By the STIG on 05/20/09 21:00 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Right when I saw this car I knew that we were meant for each other. The handling will blow you away. Love letting it loose all the way to 8200 redline and then shifting in .8 milliseconds. Love driving in SPORT and DSC turned off. Surprising decent mpg get 27 on highway and 21 on streets and I don't drive like a gramma. Just keep in mind if the road is ruff you will feel it! M3 comes with a lot of options like nav, competition package, CSL, luxury package.

Wow!
By Ammalgam on 08/30/07 23:39 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought this car a couple of days ago. Black/Black and convertible. Let me tell you this car is amazing. Civil enough to drive to work but enough horsepower to totally blow away the 911 Carrera next to you.

AMAZING!!
By marsh on 09/20/06 13:11 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

We have only had the car for about 5 months (we bought it used) and we already love it! it is such a great car. It is sturdy and very quick. And during the summer the convertable is great. I would reccomend this car to anybody.

3 years later
By Don on 08/10/06 19:07 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

As of July '06 I've owned my M3 for three years and it's my daily driver. It is a fantastic experience. It takes a while to learn the SMG but it,s worth it; once you've got it down you'll never regret it. Buttery smooth shifts or burnouts from hell. The ride is pure performance. You feel like your hands are running over the surface of the road. With that kind of input you know exactly what to expect from the car. My M3 has been everything I hoped it would be. I've had any number of total strangers come up to me and tell me how much they like my car. I have no idea what BMW is going to do for an encore but I will be ready, willing and waiting.

Luvin Every Minute Of It
By PaulWall on 04/07/06 04:14 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

My first impression of this car was bad since within the first 2 weeks of ownership it had to be towed to the shop for not starting. The starter was replaced along with wiper blades and an oil change at no cost. Nice. It has been a dream ever since. It has incredible power for an inline 6 cyl and a suspension that compliments it once you get up to speed. The interior is well suited for a high performance car yet still remains very comfortable partly due to the lower seat extension a feature I really like. The only issue I've had with driving was getting use to the SMG transmission and now I'm madly in love with that setup. Great job on the entire design of this driveline.