Used 2002 BMW M3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Bmw M3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M3 model:

Think twice M3
By DB01

2002 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

fun car to dirve but lots of problems. Trans and power train was in the shope 5 times.

Favorite Features

Lots of power and great handeling.

Suggested Improvements

buy a MBZ C32 AMG.

The best four seater convertible
By grw

2002 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

It is great fun to drive, and surprisingly comfortable. The rear seats are usable by adults (rare for this type of car), and the car has more features than you could imagine.

Favorite Features

SMG transmission is unique. It alone justifies the price of the car. Handling is crisp. Styling is tops.

Suggested Improvements

Lips on rims to prevent rim rash.

So this is what heaven feels like...
By scipio1

2002 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Ever since I made the mistake of giving up my 1997 M3 for a 2001 330i, I've been itching to get behind the wheel of the E46 M3. It's been well worth the wait. With the 330 goin back at the end of its lease, I decided to indulge in a new M3, this time the convertible. What can I say? Every time I take a corner or shift a gear, I can't help but break out in a big [well, you know what]-eating grin. Life could not be any better than this. Comparing it to the old M3 does the E46 no justice. The new M3 is a beast, a snarling, roaring animal of a car that will frighten old women and small children on the sidewalk as it prowls past.

2002 BMW M3 CiC
By Deb Moore

2002 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Wow! This car is the most exceptional vehicle I've ever had the pleasure of driving. It completely defies description. It isn't my first BMW; I've previous owned (new) a '98 318i and a (new)'01 330i, and though they were nice cars, they just don't come close to the M3. The handling is awesome, the acceleration is awesome, the ride is somewhat harsh (but what can you expect from a sports car? It has a very stiff suspension)and this car is just so much fun to drive. It puts a grin on my face every time I get behind the wheel.

Favorite Features

Love the 6 speed tranny. The 333 h.p. makes it really move down the road, love the quick response from the accelerator, love the high speeds that this car handles and still makes you think you're going about 45 mph. Even at higher speeds, the handling is still exceptional.

Suggested Improvements

There are, even after only 7500 miles, some mildly annoying squeaks and rattles that I wouldn't expect from a car in this price range. The interior is also rather cheesy, but then again, one doesn't buy an M3 for the interior!

Worth the wait
By EXT

2002 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Extremely fast and fun to drive at this price range (although not cheap) the best combination of value - luxury, power, handling, and investment.

Favorite Features

the SMG-II transmission - whatever gear you want, whenever and right now - worth the wait and the cost

Suggested Improvements

wider tires - off the line too many times the DSC kicks in a spare tire would be nice.