2002 BMW M3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M3 model:
Best M3 yet
By cybertronic on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've had all 3 generations or M3's, and they keep getting better every generation. Excellent car!

02 Steel Grey/Imola Red Coupe 6 Spd
By nwd on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Fabulous car. Fast mover and quick stopper. Grips wonderfully and handles predictably, but it is still a quite comfortable ride partly due to very comfy seats. The engine revs astonishingly quick and has awed chipped S4 and Vette owners. Even at $60k I think it is a good deal and allows me to carry clients/friends in the back seat. Personal favorite BMW of all time in terms of looks (as opposed to questionable upcoming releases). I can't wait to track it this fall...

AMAZING CAR
By Kleenex on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have no complaints. This car is one of a kind. I have it in Phoenix Yellow Exterior and Black Interior. With SMG-II. Fits four people comfortably.

Brand New
By GaryK on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my new M3 convertible just one day and it is beautiful. My convertible has the SMG transmission and I just love it. It performs just as you were shifting the car with a clutch, but without the sensitivity of the pedal. Also, driving in the automatic mode is a terrific accomodation to my bride. I can't wait until it is broken in to see what this machine will really do. I hope to get many fun years out of this baby.

Love the SMG
By Andreas on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car does it all and more: - Daily commuter - Baby transporter - Occassional track day - Incredible performance, beating both the 911 and c32amg

2002 M3 Convertible
By hemiden on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

After 6 months I'm still in love with this car. The handling and performance is simply exhilarating. The SMG (Sequential-Manual-Gearbox) option is awesome and it uses the same technology that's used in today's F-1 race cars. I believe that the new 02' E-46 M3 lives up to what it's often called ... "the ultimate driving machine."

M3 Rocks!
By Bmwshifter on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have 9200 miles today and I love the car! Always starts and turns heads. The 6 cylinder engine is a true reving machine. Handling for a sports car is good but could be improved. Ride is a little bouncy but what do you expect from a car that will keep up with a vette. Will buy another but will most likely have to wait a year again.

smg m3
By peter falco on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Considered buying a new Porsche 911. Had some nice cars. M3 is much faster and handles better than my 1992 911 C2. Much more practical and comfortable than new 911 with comparable performance. SMG a real delight. Been driving stick for 40yrs and been to driving schools. SMG probably able to outshift me 95% of the time.

2002 M3 SMG
By matrixone on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Exceptional acceleration and handling; the ride is what one would expect from the sport-tuned suspension. The SMG seems to work well in LA freeway traffic or on the open road. Styling is understated, subtly sporty, and belies the fact that this is one ferocious muscle car. Current supply/demand situation means paying premium over MSRP.

Carbon blk convertible
By M3Bear26 on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is one of the best sports car out there. I took it to the track with yokohama tires. Being a convertible I though it would be solwer than M3 coupe, but my time was faster then the M3 coupe. You could really open it up in the track.