2002 BMW M3 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (39 reviews )
excelent performance car
By Eduza on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Pure performance machine, if you are not looking for performance this car is not for you get the regular 3 series.

My M3 is Awesome!
By Rob in Great Neck NY on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is extremely quick, fast, smooth, and luxurious. I love the SMG2 paddle shifters. Driving this car is like being on vacation. I love driving it every day to work (except when it's snowing) and on long trips on the highway. I can cruise smoothly, or I can zip past and around anyone whenever the need arises. AWESOME!

SMG--don't buy it
By LK on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

BMW's SMG transmission is not ready for prime time. When it works, it's great fun. Unfortunately, it doesn't like to go into gear when its cold, cannot be worked by garage attendants, and has died suddenly (resulting in a tow)while cruising. Software upgrade to the computer made the situation worse. BMW has been disappointing in their response.

Incredible
By ///M3 on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is one of the nicest cars i have ever driven, In 2001 i bought an 1999 M3 coupe and i was very moved by the performance,styling and elegance, then in 2003 i traded in my X5 4.4 and got a brand new M3 convertible and i must say anything that BMW missed on the 1999 they fixed on this one, it has incredible throttle response and even better handling i must say great job on the new M3 BMW!!

WHAT A VEHICLE!!
By BIGDAV on 06/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

THIS HAS BEEN A PLEASURE TO EXPERIENCE. IT HAS ALL THE POWER ONE CAN HANDLE ON U.S. ROADS AND THEN SOME.

The best four seater convertible
By grw on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

It is great fun to drive, and surprisingly comfortable. The rear seats are usable by adults (rare for this type of car), and the car has more features than you could imagine.

So this is what heaven feels like...
By scipio1 on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Ever since I made the mistake of giving up my 1997 M3 for a 2001 330i, I've been itching to get behind the wheel of the E46 M3. It's been well worth the wait. With the 330 goin back at the end of its lease, I decided to indulge in a new M3, this time the convertible. What can I say? Every time I take a corner or shift a gear, I can't help but break out in a big [well, you know what]-eating grin. Life could not be any better than this. Comparing it to the old M3 does the E46 no justice. The new M3 is a beast, a snarling, roaring animal of a car that will frighten old women and small children on the sidewalk as it prowls past.

2002 BMW M3 CiC
By Deb Moore on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Wow! This car is the most exceptional vehicle I've ever had the pleasure of driving. It completely defies description. It isn't my first BMW; I've previous owned (new) a '98 318i and a (new)'01 330i, and though they were nice cars, they just don't come close to the M3. The handling is awesome, the acceleration is awesome, the ride is somewhat harsh (but what can you expect from a sports car? It has a very stiff suspension)and this car is just so much fun to drive. It puts a grin on my face every time I get behind the wheel.

Sports car for family of four
By hamertime on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

With two kids and the urge to have a sports car, the M3 convertible brings together incredible performance, tons of fun, BMW safety and room for the kids in the back. I hate to sound like a commercial, but taking my daughters to school with the top down (which they love) or stretching it out on a country road, this car does it all. I can fit my golf clubs in the trunk. Inside the cockpit, the BMW engineers lay everything at your fingetips. I strongly recommend the SMG transmission, its the only option you really need. Although it holds its value well, you may want to get one used with low mileage to save the 7-8K hit you take in the first year.

2003 BMW M-3 Conv.in Phoenix Yellow
By Ferraristi on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

As the owner of a 1965 Ferrari 330 GT 2+2 which had the mishap of NOT dodging a tree last March,and a 1985 Chrysler LeBaron Town&Country conv. that had run its course, I wanted a car for everyday transportation that would provide excitement and performance. The BMW M-3 has outdistanced my hopes and expectations! The Phoenix yellow exterior, cinnamon interior leather, 6- speed trans, 333HP engine, HarmonKardon speaker system, and Navigational system all contribute to providing me with the BEST vehicle I have ever owned.