2001 BMW M3 Consumer Review: My Dream Car-The Ultimate M3 C

2001 BMW M3 - Consumer Review

Base Convertible (3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

My Dream Car-The Ultimate M3 Convertible
By dreamtoys on

2001 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my dream car for many years. I have heard so much about the M3 in the past. Then the new 2001 M3 with 333 hp. came to this shore. I went and order two of them- one couple and one convertibe. I took the first available convertible in Imola red. I love the red, black, black combination. The other standard colors like silver, white, blue etc. are too common. It is as fast as a Porsche 911. Better than Boxter S which has less horse power, speed and handling features. Ferrari has a reason to paint most of their cars red!

Goes faster than can feel comfortable. Solid & quiet. Corners on rails with no lean. Top operation is ease. Quality is excellent. Love "sport" button for take off. Prefer M3 over BoxterS- less power, less high tech handling equipment. Heated seats for cold weather top down driving.

BMW recalls & gives better H/K sound system. Disappointment-manual shift is bulky-1st/2nd & improves at higher gears. Redesigned rims w/ more recess & protected by tire "rip" for parking. Firm up steering effort. Adjustable steering effort/pedal heights. Prefer lower/louder exhaust.