2001 BMW M3 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (9 reviews )
Love It!
By Dane on 05/03/07 17:37 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Where to start, picked this puppy up from my friend's dealership, thought it was too good to be true. I drool every time I get to drive to and from work, that's the best part of my day. I love having a car with 330 hp that gets 30 mpg at 75 mph. The styling is fantastic. I can't wait to buy a used 07 M3 with the V8. BMW owner for life!

How can they improve on this?!
By Mario Andretti on 08/07/05 21:51 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The year I had to wait after ordering this car was well worth it. After 4 years I still absolutely love my M3. This is the best car I've ever driven. I only hope BMW doesn't ruin the M3 when they finally update to match the new 3 series body style.

Best car I've owned, Period !!!!!!
By YoQueroTacoBell on 05/09/05 12:16 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I't was like falling in love at first sight. I owned a 1998 M3 coupe, tell ya what, the 6th gear really does the job plus the telescoping wheel is a big plus. I love to street race, and there is not much out there that could match my M3... In addition to all the power and luxury, I get a lot of head turning each time I drive it. I love it !!! I will keep this car forever and pass the torch over to my son when I no longer can drive it. The Navigation and the park distance control work excellent.

My second M3
By JETM3MD on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is great car with impressive performace and exceptional everyday practicality. You can take it the track and do really well and then take the family to the store the next.

rafic street king
By rafic on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

i loveee this car fast reliability is great doesint cost tooo much for a bmw my brother has 2001 bmw m5 well both great dont now why m3 is just my favorite car

EconoHunk
By Coquin on 03/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Performance bargain of the century--prodigious power, grip, braking. It makes my E36 M3 daily driver seem weak kneed and wobbly. And the exhaust note is Wagnerian. If a Ferrari 360 sounded like this car, it would sound better.

BMW e46 M3, Porsche performance for less
By M3twm on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

An 02/2001 production car which quite simply is the best car owned in the past 35 years. Easily out performs all 5 911 Porsches to date with the last being a 1992 coupe. Much more practical than a Porsche and $20-25,000 less expensive. Porsche performance with seating for 4 WITH luggage. Easily worth every penny.

My Faviorite BMW So Far
By redhat on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third BMW, I had two BMW Z3's prior to this car. Those were fun and sporty, but they did not offer the thrill of taking corners at speeds with such ease. This is probably the best mix of power, performance, and luxury available in any vehicle.

No wonder there's a waiting list....
By ttocsffej on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Everything you've read is true! BMW's E46 M3 is really a race car in street clothes. From the moment you fire it up, you know it is not your normal E46 coupe. My delivery experience at the BMW Performance Center was totally first rate! It's free and you should go if you can. Driving (their) M3 on the track gave me first hand experience of this car's true capabilities, which I'm sad to say will probably always exceed mine as a driver. Get one!