Used 2001 BMW M3 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Bmw M3 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (9 reviews )

Love It!
By Dane

2001 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Where to start, picked this puppy up from my friend's dealership, thought it was too good to be true. I drool every time I get to drive to and from work, that's the best part of my day. I love having a car with 330 hp that gets 30 mpg at 75 mph. The styling is fantastic. I can't wait to buy a used 07 M3 with the V8. BMW owner for life!

Favorite Features

Performance, 6 speed, looks, interior, sport mode!

Suggested Improvements

Better trim around the doors.

How can they improve on this?!
By Mario Andretti

2001 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The year I had to wait after ordering this car was well worth it. After 4 years I still absolutely love my M3. This is the best car I've ever driven. I only hope BMW doesn't ruin the M3 when they finally update to match the new 3 series body style.

Favorite Features

Handling, cornering, accelleration, absolute 100% solid control and responsiveness, and of course, the look.

Suggested Improvements

The stiff suspension gives me all of my favorite features listed above, but it doesn't feel so good on the rough American roads. This car also doesn't announce itself well. It is too quiet, give me a louder exhaust!

Best car I've owned, Period !!!!!!
By YoQueroTacoBell

2001 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I't was like falling in love at first sight. I owned a 1998 M3 coupe, tell ya what, the 6th gear really does the job plus the telescoping wheel is a big plus. I love to street race, and there is not much out there that could match my M3... In addition to all the power and luxury, I get a lot of head turning each time I drive it. I love it !!! I will keep this car forever and pass the torch over to my son when I no longer can drive it. The Navigation and the park distance control work excellent.

Favorite Features

-taking off the traction control -downshifting on the highway and putting the pedal to the metal -it's glued to the pavement when making turns at high speeds -good mileage in comparrison to other sports cars out there -raced a viper once and had the guy wondering what's under the hood of my M3!!!

Suggested Improvements

They should come equiped w Pirelli P- Zeros, instead of Michelin Pilots. Huge difference !!!

My second M3
By JETM3MD

2001 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is great car with impressive performace and exceptional everyday practicality. You can take it the track and do really well and then take the family to the store the next.

Favorite Features

Engine and chassis. Usable back seats.

Suggested Improvements

Euro cross drilled rotors a CD palyer should be standard. My car came with an in dash tape player - not getting alot of use out of that! Corporate arrogance is getting bad at BMW.

rafic street king
By rafic

2001 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

i loveee this car fast reliability is great doesint cost tooo much for a bmw my brother has 2001 bmw m5 well both great dont now why m3 is just my favorite car

Favorite Features

speed, comfort, and reliability

Suggested Improvements

well noting realy but wont mind more power