Used 2001 BMW M3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific M3 model:

Love It!
By Dane

2001 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Where to start, picked this puppy up from my friend's dealership, thought it was too good to be true. I drool every time I get to drive to and from work, that's the best part of my day. I love having a car with 330 hp that gets 30 mpg at 75 mph. The styling is fantastic. I can't wait to buy a used 07 M3 with the V8. BMW owner for life!

Performance, 6 speed, looks, interior, sport mode!

Better trim around the doors.

If it had wings, it would fly
By 03055gi

2001 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up this car in Fort Lauderdale and drove back to New Hampshire. What a rush. Have had many cars and this is the best by far. Look forward to driving like never before. Had a number of people pull up to me on the highway and want to play and felt no urge to embarrass them, just kept driving with the top down and the tunes playing.

Unreal performance and style. Handling is incredible and just fun to drive to nowhere special.

Can't think of anything I would do differently.

How can they improve on this?!
By Mario Andretti

2001 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The year I had to wait after ordering this car was well worth it. After 4 years I still absolutely love my M3. This is the best car I've ever driven. I only hope BMW doesn't ruin the M3 when they finally update to match the new 3 series body style.

Handling, cornering, accelleration, absolute 100% solid control and responsiveness, and of course, the look.

The stiff suspension gives me all of my favorite features listed above, but it doesn't feel so good on the rough American roads. This car also doesn't announce itself well. It is too quiet, give me a louder exhaust!

Best car I've owned, Period !!!!!!
By YoQueroTacoBell

2001 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I't was like falling in love at first sight. I owned a 1998 M3 coupe, tell ya what, the 6th gear really does the job plus the telescoping wheel is a big plus. I love to street race, and there is not much out there that could match my M3... In addition to all the power and luxury, I get a lot of head turning each time I drive it. I love it !!! I will keep this car forever and pass the torch over to my son when I no longer can drive it. The Navigation and the park distance control work excellent.

-taking off the traction control -downshifting on the highway and putting the pedal to the metal -it's glued to the pavement when making turns at high speeds -good mileage in comparrison to other sports cars out there -raced a viper once and had the guy wondering what's under the hood of my M3!!!

They should come equiped w Pirelli P- Zeros, instead of Michelin Pilots. Huge difference !!!

Great Car, a Little More Quality Control
By Topher84

2001 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Great car, but the sophistication of the OBDII (Computer) makes for alot of trouble with failed sensors. Also, got a bum transmission... BMW is standing behind all of this, I am just tired of taking it to the shop (once every other month!)

Power/Handling Ballance

Put a single CD player in the sound system.... better shock absorbtion for trunk mounted CD player. Allow Navigation system to just have map up with car position without directions required. Make Foglights match Xeon headlights (foglights too yellow!)