2001 BMW M3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M3 model:
Love It!
By Dane on 05/03/07 17:37 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Where to start, picked this puppy up from my friend's dealership, thought it was too good to be true. I drool every time I get to drive to and from work, that's the best part of my day. I love having a car with 330 hp that gets 30 mpg at 75 mph. The styling is fantastic. I can't wait to buy a used 07 M3 with the V8. BMW owner for life!

If it had wings, it would fly
By 03055gi on 05/18/06 10:21 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up this car in Fort Lauderdale and drove back to New Hampshire. What a rush. Have had many cars and this is the best by far. Look forward to driving like never before. Had a number of people pull up to me on the highway and want to play and felt no urge to embarrass them, just kept driving with the top down and the tunes playing.

How can they improve on this?!
By Mario Andretti on 08/07/05 21:51 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The year I had to wait after ordering this car was well worth it. After 4 years I still absolutely love my M3. This is the best car I've ever driven. I only hope BMW doesn't ruin the M3 when they finally update to match the new 3 series body style.

Best car I've owned, Period !!!!!!
By YoQueroTacoBell on 05/09/05 12:16 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I't was like falling in love at first sight. I owned a 1998 M3 coupe, tell ya what, the 6th gear really does the job plus the telescoping wheel is a big plus. I love to street race, and there is not much out there that could match my M3... In addition to all the power and luxury, I get a lot of head turning each time I drive it. I love it !!! I will keep this car forever and pass the torch over to my son when I no longer can drive it. The Navigation and the park distance control work excellent.

Great Car, a Little More Quality Control
By Topher84 on 09/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Great car, but the sophistication of the OBDII (Computer) makes for alot of trouble with failed sensors. Also, got a bum transmission... BMW is standing behind all of this, I am just tired of taking it to the shop (once every other month!)

Incredible
By docherf on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is all it is said to be by the car mags and more. It's a blast to drive - it's fun even on short drives to work. The space is practicle for kids in the back - and they love to be in it with the top down. Quality is first rate - I'm surprised that even after three years, there are no rattles or squeaks - it is as tightly put together as the first day. There are not any drawbacks as far as I'm concerned - except I wish BMW made something the size of a Suburban for the family car.

My second M3
By JETM3MD on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is great car with impressive performace and exceptional everyday practicality. You can take it the track and do really well and then take the family to the store the next.

rafic street king
By rafic on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

i loveee this car fast reliability is great doesint cost tooo much for a bmw my brother has 2001 bmw m5 well both great dont now why m3 is just my favorite car

Awesome BMW
By neuron25 on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW M3 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned BMWs and other sports cars before before but this is the most awesome car I have ever driven. The handling is excellent. The noise of the soft top is almost non existent (no small thing if you have ever had a convertible). If your if your children are 14 years old or less and your friends are small, you will hear no complaints from the back seat.

EconoHunk
By Coquin on 03/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW M3 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Performance bargain of the century--prodigious power, grip, braking. It makes my E36 M3 daily driver seem weak kneed and wobbly. And the exhaust note is Wagnerian. If a Ferrari 360 sounded like this car, it would sound better.