1999 BMW M3 Consumer Review: M3, the only 3 series to own.

1999 BMW M3 Coupe - Consumer Review

M3, the only 3 series to own.
By dallasslacker on

1999 BMW M3 2dr Coupe

Had a very good experience with this car. There are a few minor areas of the car that almost demand upgrades or replacements near or before the 50k mile mark. Rear strut mnts are rubber and sqeak upon failure. These can be replaced 4 $80 + labor. Clutch stop & short shifter need replaced as origs. are too tall & sloppy. Suggest UUC for upgrds. Service is covered for 4yr/50k but I dread service @ both Dallas area dealers. This has been the worst part of owning the M3. I could not wait until the warranty xpired so I could take it to another BMW shop in Plano. It's too bad the service is slow, unprofessional & inconsistent.

Bold look, style & paint are superb.The M turns heads & attracts hot-shots w/cheap mustangs imports to racing. Pluses are HQ interior, superior constr. all around. Handling, acceleration & stereo put drivers into craving road trips for no reason.Hard 2 drive directly home on nice days.

I suggest BMW offer an M3 with an 8 cyclinder such as the M5 engine. I know the power is good for the 6, but I would like an 8 CYL optional M3. There are too many 300+ HP cars coming on the market that are cheap, but have 300+ HP. Ford and Pontiac & Nissan are examples.