1999 BMW M3 Consumer Review: Everything I imagined

1999 BMW M3 - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (3.2L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Everything I imagined
By JohnnyBoy on

1999 BMW M3 2dr Coupe

Just bought my M3 used, private party in April. I've been looking in to getting an E36 M3 for a few years now but dcouldn't finad any in my area in good enough shape. Finally found one and boy am I pleased! Exterior styling is very strong! You know it means business just looking at it! Engine is free-revving and doesn't really start to make power until 3500rpm plus. Engine sound is oh so sweet!Mine has a few of the typical E36 problems(sway bar end link rattle, rear shock mount popping, few squeaks here and there) but aside from that is a dream! We'll have to see how it holds up over the next few years!

Engine, handling, transmission, exterior styling! I live in Pocatello, Idaho; not too many bimmers in these parts. Boy do I get the stares! Sweet car!

Nothing major, just typical problems as stated earlier. Spent about $100 to get rid of the rattles(did the work myself). Computer intermittently informs me of a bad brake light circuit, nothing is wrong, just error in computer. Annoying, but I can deal with it to own this car!