Used 1999 BMW M3 Base Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific M3 model:

BMW M3 Still Impresses
By Brandon

1999 BMW M3 2dr Coupe

I am 24 and was on the hunt for my first car, I really wanted an s4, but couldn't find the right price. I test drove the M3, and fell in love. Bought on the spot. The car has been a champ. Pulls off the line like a bat out of hell. The gearbox is smooth and crisp. Brakes are not bad. Sound system is ok, but could be better. Oil changes need to be performed frequently. The car is a lot of fun to drive. You find people want to race you all the time, S4 especially! In the winter get snow tires or store it.

Engine, gearbox, interior feel has a tight closed feeling works well for me being only 5'10.

More power would have been nice.

Great Overall
By Joe

1999 BMW M3 2dr Coupe

I recently bought my M3 and haven't had a chance to spend too much time with it but the time I have spent in it has been quite impressive. The handling is one of the most notable characteristics. It hugs the road with every turn. The engine is great... smooth, quiet, and delivers when you put the foot to the pedal. Low end torque is great.

Classic styling, looks, and the fact that it's a BMW says it all

Interior can use a little work. Vader seats aren't supportive enough.

Damn, the baby's coming!
By Steve

1999 BMW M3 2dr Coupe

I've owned my M3 for almost 2 years and I dread losing it, but I'm afraid a car seat is not going to work too well in this car. Car has amazing handling - I was told a while ago that the best way to find your car's slipping point is to go to a wide-open parking lot after a rain and try to spin it out. It took going 45 and JERKING the wheel to do it! The M3 has sneaky speed, like a slingshot. Once you get the RPM's up to around 4500, hold on. The boy racers may get you off the line, but they're dust in the 1/4! Overall a fun car that I'll badly miss. BTW, this is also a much more practical car than it gets credit for. Go ahead, take the jump to M3.

The handling on back roads when going over 80mph is uncanny! I've never felt safer in a vehicle.

The doors have a tendency to want to close on your legs. The split climate control is pretty useless.

Damn, the baby's coming!
By Steve

1999 BMW M3 2dr Coupe

I've owned my M3 for almost 2 years and I dread loosing it, but I'm afraid a car seat is not going to work too well in this car. Car has amazing handling - I was told a while ago that the best way to find your car's slipping point is to go to a wide-open parking lot after a rain and try to spin it out. It took going 45 and JERKING the wheel to do it! The M3 has sneaky speed, like a slingshot. Once you get the RPM's up to around 4500, hold on. The Japanese vehicles may get you off the line, but they're dust in the 1/4! Overall a fun car that I'll badly miss. BTW, this is also a much more practical car than it gets credit for. Go ahead, take the jump to M3.

Still like it better than the new M3
By rkao

1999 BMW M3 2dr Coupe

The car has been outstanding both as
my daily driver and as a driver
education car on track.

The car has been retired as a daily
driver and kept only as a fun/summer
car.