1999 BMW M3 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (24 reviews )
M3, the only 3 series to own.
By dallasslacker on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe

Had a very good experience with this car. There are a few minor areas of the car that almost demand upgrades or replacements near or before the 50k mile mark. Rear strut mnts are rubber and sqeak upon failure. These can be replaced 4 $80 + labor. Clutch stop & short shifter need replaced as origs. are too tall & sloppy. Suggest UUC for upgrds. Service is covered for 4yr/50k but I dread service @ both Dallas area dealers. This has been the worst part of owning the M3. I could not wait until the warranty xpired so I could take it to another BMW shop in Plano. It's too bad the service is slow, unprofessional & inconsistent.

No substitute
By Limey- on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe

Superb......quite simply the finest 'sports coupe' on the planet. Its the "standard" no mabufacturer has even come close to. Now go buy one!!!

My winter car
By lfbmdpc on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this used in 2001, it had 38K miles & was a "clean" used car. It's my winter car, since I store my 01 996 porsche cab here in snow country. Car is great, even with the 40+K miles now on it. Tight, fast, great stick, superior fit and finish. I look forward to fall when it comes out of storage!

Ultimate Performance Sedan
By Greg Zielinski on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe

In short, great acceleration, unmatched handling and a blast to drive. BMW service is superb. Most people may not know this but EACH person who visits their facilities judges the BMW service centers. Everyone time I’ve gone in for service (Maintenance is paid for the first 3 years/ 36K miles) I’ve had a follow up call from BMW. They ask you about all aspects of the visit and grades you response as follows , “Excellent” = A, “Good” = C, “Fair” = F. I’ve had the car for three years and just plain enjoy every aspect of it. Any downsides? Ownership costs may be considered high to some.