1999 BMW M3 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (24 reviews )
BMW M3 Still Impresses
By Brandon on 11/09/05 13:09 PM (PST)

1999 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I am 24 and was on the hunt for my first car, I really wanted an s4, but couldn't find the right price. I test drove the M3, and fell in love. Bought on the spot. The car has been a champ. Pulls off the line like a bat out of hell. The gearbox is smooth and crisp. Brakes are not bad. Sound system is ok, but could be better. Oil changes need to be performed frequently. The car is a lot of fun to drive. You find people want to race you all the time, S4 especially! In the winter get snow tires or store it.

Great Overall
By Joe on 08/30/05 12:51 PM (PDT)

1999 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I recently bought my M3 and haven't had a chance to spend too much time with it but the time I have spent in it has been quite impressive. The handling is one of the most notable characteristics. It hugs the road with every turn. The engine is great... smooth, quiet, and delivers when you put the foot to the pedal. Low end torque is great.

Damn, the baby's coming!
By Steve on 01/24/05 19:44 PM (PST)

1999 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've owned my M3 for almost 2 years and I dread losing it, but I'm afraid a car seat is not going to work too well in this car. Car has amazing handling - I was told a while ago that the best way to find your car's slipping point is to go to a wide-open parking lot after a rain and try to spin it out. It took going 45 and JERKING the wheel to do it! The M3 has sneaky speed, like a slingshot. Once you get the RPM's up to around 4500, hold on. The boy racers may get you off the line, but they're dust in the 1/4! Overall a fun car that I'll badly miss. BTW, this is also a much more practical car than it gets credit for. Go ahead, take the jump to M3.

Damn, the baby's coming!
By Steve on 01/24/05 19:44 PM (PST)

1999 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've owned my M3 for almost 2 years and I dread loosing it, but I'm afraid a car seat is not going to work too well in this car. Car has amazing handling - I was told a while ago that the best way to find your car's slipping point is to go to a wide-open parking lot after a rain and try to spin it out. It took going 45 and JERKING the wheel to do it! The M3 has sneaky speed, like a slingshot. Once you get the RPM's up to around 4500, hold on. The Japanese vehicles may get you off the line, but they're dust in the 1/4! Overall a fun car that I'll badly miss. BTW, this is also a much more practical car than it gets credit for. Go ahead, take the jump to M3.

Still like it better than the new M3
By rkao on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe

The car has been outstanding both as my daily driver and as a driver education car on track. The car has been retired as a daily driver and kept only as a fun/summer car.

A legend in its own time.
By BMW M3 on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car is simply amazing. Please go read the reviews by reputable car magazines and don't take my word for it. If you combine the following factors: Performance, Reliability, Practicality, Durability, Safety, Value....you simply cannot beat this car. HANDS DOWN a winner in all regards. Few cars this good have ever been or will be built in automotive history. CAR AND DRIVER BEST HANDLING CAR REGARDLESS OF PRICE in the 90s beating out Ferrari, Porsche and the like. Plus you can throw your kids and some grocery bags in the back.

Exceeds the Hype!
By Silver99M3 on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe

The M3 is perhaps the best car ever built for all around performance, handling, acceleration, braking, feel and oh so many other areas. Sure, the engine could use some more power, but it wasn't designed to be the best from 0-60. This is a super powered go cart that is meant to out perform on an auto cross track. Anyone can go straight and fast.. this one is designed to twist your insides around with tight cornering and give you a strain in your neck when accelerating out of a corner. As far as stupid comments about poor winter performance, I say "DUH!"

99 M3 Coupe
By SilverM3inChicago on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe

The car is simply amazing. My first BMW. A joy to drive everyday to work. I have put on 13K miles since I bought it and I only drive 25 miles per day to work and back. Seems like I find reasons to go somewhere - not sure why, hmm.

Could be better
By MJD181169 on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car has amazing performance and styling. However, the interior craftsmanship leaves something to be desired. The steering wheel vibrates and makes noises, as does the dashboard. It is frustrating to think how much I paid for this vehicle, only to listen to constant cabin noise. With high performance tires, this car is useless in the snow. Also, the trunk-mounted CD changer skips regulary on less than perfect surfaces. All in all, the performance will leave you grinning after every drive.

First BMW
By Edgy on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe

Really like my M3 coupe. It's by far the sexiest car I found while shopping last year for a high-quality used sports sedan, and I got a really good car. I hated the purchasing process though, DO NOT go to BMW of Arlington if you can avoid.