1999 BMW M3 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (10 reviews )
1999 BMW M3
By Novemdecillion on 12/21/08 23:18 PM (PST)

1999 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible

Bought my '99 M3 Convertible 5 years ago (w/25k mi) and still in love; went thru Camaro, Mustang, Vette, Jag then decade w/3 Porsches. Yes the German rides all demand high maint. costs but "Ultimate Driving Machine" is correct for this M3. Nothing is more agile thru turns, it's extremely fast off the line and 2-lane road passing is effortless with breathtaking torque and speed available from 55-90 in a nanosecond. The braking capability is far more pure & sure than any other car I've owned. Top up driving is as quiet as a coupe, and unlike many convertibles, top down is a total joy, not punishing. 2 adults can be comfortable in the backseat for an hour or more. Best all around!

Outstanding Vehicle
By Mike on 01/18/07 09:59 AM (PST)

1999 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible

I love this car. It's the best car I have ever owned. It's an exciting vehicle. The acceleration is superb. Taking a trip is a pleasure. Just a great car!

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By David Zahriya on 07/19/05 21:33 PM (PDT)

1999 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible

This cars is a gem! It handles really well at high speeds and has a lot of power for its size. I love the color of this car. Its Titanium Silver with a dove grey interior, best color combo ever. I added 19x8.5 wheels with really low profile tires. Took some comfort away but its worth it. This is the funnest car to drive and its extreamly reliable. Its has a more elegant design then its younger brother the e46 m3.

Great fun
By GCM on 04/20/05 10:59 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible

Really fun to drive. This is the 7th BMW I have had. This one is a big improvement over the last 3 series convertile. Back seats are just for small people, but you don't have this as a people hauler.

The ultimate driving machine!
By Pruthur on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible

The M3 convertable is an extraordinary car. It handels incredibally and has a beautifuly finished interior. BMW did not cut any curves when designing and making this car. This is not a light weight sports car. It sits powerfully on the road. Long distance/highway trips are a dream in this car. I have been amazed at how well it handels in the rain. The leather finishes are true quality. I have owned this car for 3 years and absolutely love it.

great fun car
By salligator on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible

This car has been the most fun of any car I have ever owned. The performance is perfect, handling, accelleration and braking are unreal. The car is very comfortable, and does not look like a barely restrained racing car. The top never leaks. You can hold a conversation at 85 with the top down.

Didn't match Hype
By JPSinMiami on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible

I must say that it is not the supercar that all the reviews claim it to be. Firstly, this car is waaayyyy to heavy and you can feel it on heavy cornering loads..it could use more power as has been put into the newer M's but I would be really happy with the 240bhp if it trimmed a few pounds. This shift mechanism was also a huge dissapointment. Why manufactures still make rubbery indecisive gates is beyond me. Toyota got it right with the Mr2 MKI why doesnt everybody just copy it. Brakes and steering are among the best I've ever driven. It's a good car...just not the great car I thought it would be. I shoulda saved 8k and bought a Viggen convertible.

M3 Convertible
By Meko on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible

When it comes to open top motoring the M3 Convertible tackles all you can throw at it. Weather it be performance, design, ergonomics you name it she does it. I can't help but smile when I drive this car. I've driven many exotics, but my choice is the M3 Convertible.

M3 Convertible - Be one with your car...
By m3rocksj on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible

This car fits like a glove. I have owned Mercedes, Acuras, and a Porsche. This car, above all the rest, gave me the greatest sense of unity between a man and his car. That may sound very weird, but if you drove one you would know what I mean. I feel a sense of control over every aspect of driving. I first test drove the E36 325, and had a similar sense, but with the "M" engine you get the control and the incredible power. If you ever get a chance to drive the M3, take it and see what I mean. Just be prepared to miss it when it's over.

Fun to drive
By M3Pilot on 07/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW M3 Convertible 2dr Convertible

The 1999 BMW M3 Convertible is a fun car to drive. The engine is peppy and the handling is awesome. Driving through winding roads is a blast because the car practically hugs the road. Acceleration is great due to the smooth revving V6 engine. The interior is nice but luggage room is very tight.