Finally own one
By imnion on
1998 BMW M3 2dr Convertible
I just purchased this car in Sept. of 2005 and I love it. It really does handle well (can't seem to squawk the tires no matter what I try). It's a real headturner and you get a lotta people saying "Nice Car". I get about 27 MPG on the highway (not bad). Not a cushy ride so you'll feel the bumps but plenty comfortable. Seems like the best torque is at mid-range (30-60 MPH). The brakes are impressive (you stop like 'right now'). No leakage with the ragtop at all. Harmen/Cardon sounds great. Yes, you can get groceries with it too. I even get two sets of golf clubs in the trunk. No problems as of now.
Favorite Features
Handling, Brakes, Power and of course, the looks. I love the dash. It must be put together pretty good because it's not a cushy ride and everything seems tight and solid.
Suggested Improvements
Brake Dust! Goin through a lot of rags wiping that down every other day. (They say it's normal for great brakes). More power coming off a stop. I guess I could upgrade some things to help that out though. Put some luxury in the inside door panals. Keyless entry would be nice also.