1998 BMW M3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M3 model:
M3
By BMWBob on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW M3 4dr Sedan

Flawless and Faultless. Amazing handling backed with all the power any fool should need. Granted a few straight line junkies might need more power, but on a real road this car offers more than enough to get in trouble. The car is a delight to drive and while I have a manual, I have driven the automatic and feel you give up much lees than you might imagine on the switch.

Black Beauty
By pgorsuch on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 BMW M3 4dr Sedan

Truly remarkable auto. Engine is powerfull and just keeps begging for more. Amazing gas mileage no matter how hard I drive it. Over 30 mpg while driving expressway at 80 mph. Transmission is perfect. Never hesitates just jumps into the next gear. Handles fantastic on the corners. Only drawback is the wide tires which necessitates putting it away for the winter. Can't wait until spring.

M3 4dr Std
By phr on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 BMW M3 4dr Sedan

Outstanding handling and braking abilities. I prefer the E36 interior and exterior styling to the E46 series. The only way to learn the potenial of this car is to drive it on the track. Spend a weekend getting instruction in the car with the BMWCCA. After that you'll really appreciate what the M3 is all about.

Fantastic Car
By Chalupa72 on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW M3 2dr Coupe

No major mechanical problems at all. The handling in this car is unsurpassed and inspires driving confidence. Despite entering curves at very high speeds I have never felt the car couldn't handle it. The only minor criticisms I have is the rather bland interior and the ridiculous cup holders.

Great car, an engineering master piece
By Roadwarrior1956 on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW M3 2dr Coupe

Just bought it used 6 mths ago and love this car, I own a 94 Z28 also and can't believe how close on power they are. The M3 is like a surgens scapel, the Z28 a battle ax :)

M3 rocks.
By arcanadana on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW M3 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I've ever had. It's incredible well balance and poise makes it hard to scare yourself, even in spirited sport driving. It's great around town, and especially in sedan form, it's a sleeper. Unless someone knows what an M3 is, it looks almost exactly like a 328. I got the sedan version because I'm tall and it has an extra inch and a half of headroom, which makes it enough for me. How many other sports cars do I fit in this well? Zero. I've had quicker cars, but it's quick enough, and the handling will keep pace with ANYTHING. It's my everyday e-ticket ride.

Best 4 door Sports Car Ever.Period.
By ///M on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW M3 4dr Sedan

World class performance with 4 real seats. Extremely stable at 140mph+.

For those who loves to drive ONLY!
By mkfryrice on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW M3 4dr Sedan

Drive one and you will understand! This car is just so efficient - on EVERYTHING! Resell value is also better than most of the compititors!

98 M3 Coupe
By riznic on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW M3 2dr Coupe

Great Performance and Handling. Fun to drive. Reliable.

1998 BMW M3
By mdolan777 on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW M3 2dr Coupe

This car is the ultimate high- performance everyday drive car. It has everything, and comfort to boot.