1998 BMW M3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M3 model:
Sports Car or Sedan?
By QTip on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW M3 4dr Sedan

Sports Car or Sedan? BOTH! Who says having 4 doors means your car has to be sluggish and boring? BMW created a vehicle to shatter that misconception. I love the fact that I can go 0-60 in less than 6 seconds and still have groceries all in the same car. Thats not the half of it. The greatest feeling that comes from this beast of a machine is when you take 20 MPH turns at over triple the speed, yet youll still feel glued to the road. This car excedes all of my expecations. Whats can I say, this car keeps me coming back for more. Thats why its my second M3. Its the perfect family sports car.

Do it all sedan
By Sarge395 on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW M3 4dr Sedan

I needed practical yet fun. Got it all with the M3. Not a cheap car to own or operate but it was worth it. Took it to Road America for 2 days of track time with the BMW club. Learned a lot about the car and my driving skills. Do it if you get the chance. Owned it now for 5 years and will drive it until it becomes uneconomical to operate. One sweet ride and 4 door practical.

M3
By BMWBob on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW M3 4dr Sedan

Flawless and Faultless. Amazing handling backed with all the power any fool should need. Granted a few straight line junkies might need more power, but on a real road this car offers more than enough to get in trouble. The car is a delight to drive and while I have a manual, I have driven the automatic and feel you give up much lees than you might imagine on the switch.

Black Beauty
By pgorsuch on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 BMW M3 4dr Sedan

Truly remarkable auto. Engine is powerfull and just keeps begging for more. Amazing gas mileage no matter how hard I drive it. Over 30 mpg while driving expressway at 80 mph. Transmission is perfect. Never hesitates just jumps into the next gear. Handles fantastic on the corners. Only drawback is the wide tires which necessitates putting it away for the winter. Can't wait until spring.

M3 4dr Std
By phr on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 BMW M3 4dr Sedan

Outstanding handling and braking abilities. I prefer the E36 interior and exterior styling to the E46 series. The only way to learn the potenial of this car is to drive it on the track. Spend a weekend getting instruction in the car with the BMWCCA. After that you'll really appreciate what the M3 is all about.

M3 rocks.
By arcanadana on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW M3 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I've ever had. It's incredible well balance and poise makes it hard to scare yourself, even in spirited sport driving. It's great around town, and especially in sedan form, it's a sleeper. Unless someone knows what an M3 is, it looks almost exactly like a 328. I got the sedan version because I'm tall and it has an extra inch and a half of headroom, which makes it enough for me. How many other sports cars do I fit in this well? Zero. I've had quicker cars, but it's quick enough, and the handling will keep pace with ANYTHING. It's my everyday e-ticket ride.

Best 4 door Sports Car Ever.Period.
By ///M on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW M3 4dr Sedan

World class performance with 4 real seats. Extremely stable at 140mph+.

For those who loves to drive ONLY!
By mkfryrice on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW M3 4dr Sedan

Drive one and you will understand! This car is just so efficient - on EVERYTHING! Resell value is also better than most of the compititors!

1998 M3
By ace24 on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 BMW M3 4dr Sedan

The car is a perfect balance of power, handling, fit, function and finish. My wife has an audi A6 which I will admit offers a smoother ride but does not compare regarding feedback from the road. At times I feel as though I'm one with the road...feeling the slightest ripples in the pavement, smallest deviations in the tarmack, every grain of sand..etc. It gives the driver a sensation similar to that of driving a go-cart (light in weight, very responsive). When all is said and done my "silver bullet" is just plain fun to drive....

The funnest car I've ever driven
By Larry Sorche on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 BMW M3 4dr Sedan

This was definitely the best sports car to drive for the money. Can't get a new one because they're out of my price reach. Performance was awesome!...turned corners at 40+ with no fishtail and it could stop on a dime. Wasn't the fastest off the line but I could keep up with the vets and beat most 6 bangers. Aftermarket stuff can make this a beast. Repair cost are outrageous, but that has been sporadic.