1997 BMW M3 Consumer Review: Ultimate Four Door Sadan

1997 BMW M3 - Consumer Review

Ultimate Four Door Sadan
By Techno_V299 on

1997 BMW M3 4dr Sedan

Overall - I can't find better one to date than this equipped with 4dr. and stick shift. I love pretty nimble handling and powerful engine. Body rigidity seems to be better than 2dr due to B piller. I'm not sure why BMW does not release 4dr. M3 in US for current model. Maybe E36-M3 could be the first and last 4dr. "M3" in US. It's well balanced between performance and packaging that holds average family. It's reliable too as long as maintained properly. Before buying the M3, I expected bunch of repair and regular service bills but it's been way below than I expected, which is a pleasant surprise. It's almost as well built Japanese vehicles.

Everything! engine, stick shift, handling, interior...but especially color combination - mine is techno violet and grey leather interior, which is extremely rare among M3s. It looks deep blue depending light. A guy driving so-called a performance car looked at me and his neck was almost twisted off!

More reliable automatic A/C...nothing else. All of a sudden A/C died due to electric problem... but I fixed finally. It seems to be common problem for all E36 (97-99) owners. That's why reliablity looks 8. Unless otherwise, it would have been better.