1997 BMW M3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M3 model:
Best Car I've Ever Owned!!!
By cravnpup on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 BMW M3 2dr Coupe

This car is by far the best car I've ever owned. It has balance, poise, style, power, and handling that puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it. If you are a car enthusiast, you will love this car. Perfect in every way. My only gripe is the cost of parts/maintenence. I've never had any problems with the car whatsoever, but the scheduled maintenence is quite expensive.

Life of an M3 by M FACE
By black beauty on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 BMW M3 2dr Coupe

This car overall has one of the best looks i have ever seen or owned. The car is a blast to drive but has too many problems to deal with. It has a stupid radiator problem that all e36 have. I loveeeeeeeeeeeee my car but sadly i cant handle the maintance because its wayyy to costyyy

Possibly The Perfect Car
By Sportscarnut on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 BMW M3 2dr Coupe

THE best practical sportscar on the market. Looked at the 4 door M3 also until my significant other declared it "plain". Quick poll of females at the office reached the same conclusion. Take your time looking and spend about 20% over the Edmunds estimate to get an enthusiast owned car. You'll be glad that you did. High mileage is OK as long as maintenance has been done, and the pricing is appropriate. Be prepared for sticker shock on operating costs if you have owned a Honda. Dealer parts are pricey, and M-specific parts are ridiculous. 17" tires last about 15,000 miles at the max. PAY THE PRICE AND BUY THIS CAR!!

The King of the Crop
By jsh139 on 02/28/02 09:50 AM (PST)

1997 BMW M3 2dr Coupe

This is the best car I have ever owned, bar none. You can't buy an all around better mix of performance, luxury, and style for less than $50,000. Pre-owned values have really started to come down on the E36 M3 (95-99). Pick one up today before they are all gone!