1995 BMW M3
By Kevin on
1995 BMW M3 2dr Coupe
To start with this beautiful piece of German engineering, the E36 M3 is a gem. Of coarse coming from a person that has tested some of today's super-cars, The 1995 M3 has been my affordable choice. I purchased this car with 98k miles for an unbeatable price. The first thing I noticed was the purr of the high-performance dual-overhead camshaft S50 motor. Then as the test drive started, I was astonished how a mere 240 hp and 225 ft/lb tq could throw me into the back of the aggressively styled Vader seats. Now the previous owner didn't take the best care of this machine, and due to the negligence, I have to replace the motor, get the interior re-upholstered, etc. but no regrets.
Favorite Features
Vader seats, 3.0L S50B30US motor (240 hp, 225 ft/lb tq), fuel economy (18 city/27 highway), cost to maintain (engine $2,500, oil change $55, fill up at petrol station $48.67 at red zone on dash, brake job [pads, rotors] $160 w/lifetime warranty)
Suggested Improvements
The subframe NEEDS to be re-enforced, x-brace is a MUST, Oil pump nut NEEDED to be recalled by BMW, however not taking blame, or responsibility for the engines lost from this nut backing off, forcing the oil pump to shoot through the oil pan, destroying engine internals, and Better LSD.