Used 1995 BMW M3 Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Bmw M3 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (25 reviews )

Best Car of My Life
By Ron Stopfer

1995 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this red M3 in Dec 94 (a 1995 model) as my 50th birthday present. This is THE best car I've ever owned! Fun to drive! Totally reliable! Great comfort! Bulletproof mechanically! Very nice trunk (unlike my 911)! Looks like it's speeding while parked. A head turner every day. While I've driven this luxury model over 115,000 miles, it is still a special treat to get inside this and drive it, every day. If I only had one car to drive, every day, for the rest of my life, it would be this BMW car. I currently have half a dozen cars (including a 2003 Mustang SVT "tuned" Cobra), and two BMW motorcycles, but everyday I go out, I instinctively get in the M3 and let it go. Buy one!

Favorite Features

Comfortable, dual-heated leather seats, infinitely adjustable. Ease of use and ergonomics. GREAT stereo with 6-CD shuttle in trunk. Full sized spare. Super easy driving and parking. Great 360 view inside. Moonroof w/"tilt". Luxurious feel of interior and mechanically flawless. BMW 7- series brakes!!!

Suggested Improvements

Would have liked a 6-speed.

The ultimate drving machine
By svm3

1995 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe

Amazing car. It changed my views on cars. I never realized a car could be so fun. If you take care of it it will take care of you. Buy this car if you want a sporty fun handling car at a reasonable price. The 1995 is different then the 1996 so make your own decision on which you would like to buy

Favorite Features

Heated Vader seats if you have that option i don't :-( Minimal features but everything needed for the ultimate driving experiences. Rear wheel drive makes me love this car

Suggested Improvements

if you buy one immediately upgrade the water pump to a metal impeller if it hasn't been already done. Other suggestions to BMW is don't give us the downgraded one we want euro spec

The Best Car... Ever.
By Pandoras3of9

1995 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have had this 1995 BMW M3 for 50k miles. I've driven it 2300 miles only stopping for gas cross country 3 times (about 35hrs per trip). Its paint is still glossy, the auto shifts and pushes just as hard as the manual version I tested. The driving position is perfect for me (I'm 6ft). I have pushed many cars to their limits, but by far this car has the most crisp handling, strongest braking, smoothest power delivery, and best high speed stability of any car you could buy for 20K and any new car under 35K.

Favorite Features

"Vader" bucket seats adjust 6 ways (height front, back, distance back, tilt, shoulder rest height, and seat length). Delivers power as smooth as a turbine. Most reliable and predictable car I have ever owned.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade radiator and coolant pump to full metal aftermarket versions. That is all.

95 Alpine White M3
By 95 Alpine white M3

1995 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have owned 6 BMWs and three Porsches, this car has made me fall in love it is beautiful and fast it has many mods such as euro intake, ss exhaust etc. would not trade for anything. The M series is truly the Ultimate Driving Machine.

Favorite Features

Vadar seats should be standard in every three series! Reliablity for a sports car that seems unequaled.

Suggested Improvements

t-stat housing should be upgraded to aluminum one, check waterpump upon purchase, spring retainers have been known to pushout early suggest upgrading if driven hard on street or track

A true dream come true.
By Kyle

1995 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've been after an M3 for years. Found a superb example a year ago. Short of nothing but great. The faint of heart need not apply for ownership. All jokes aside the car is as incredible as I dreamt it would be.

Favorite Features

Vader seats, smooth engine and the fact that a stock car will out run and out handle most tuner cars.

Suggested Improvements

Cross drilled brakes, clear corners and better headlights